Huutse Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Italy destination not working . No route possible

Best Answer

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    We started looking into this right after we spotted your post yesterday and still need to understand what causes this. I made the following observings:
    • I cannot plan a route from the Netherlands to Italy.
    • I can plan a route from the Netherlands to Switzerland.
    • I can plan a route from Germany to Italy.
    • I can plan a route from Italy to the Netherlands.
    At the moment we can only wait for our engineers to come with a fix. At the moment the only option is to plan a route To Switzerland or Austria and then when you make a stop once outside the Netherlands plan a route to your destination in Italy.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi @Huutse

Have you downloaded all the maps between your start and finish points.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    What's the destination in Italy?
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited July 2021
    Not sure what is happening here. I can plan a route from Amsterdam to Switzerland but not into Italy.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Jürgen

Just tried Amsterdam to Rome or Palermo and my 7" Discovery sorts out both routes

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi Jürgen

Just tried on my Phone and Amsterdam to Rome OK but No Route possible to Palermo and I have the Ferry Connections File.Same result from Home

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    A route from a location in Germany to Italy works.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi Jürgen

Really odd. On my phone if I ask it to start in Palermo (Sicily) and go to Rome it finds a Route. If I then change the destination to Amsterdam it found a route. But a route from Amsterdam to Palermo it cannot find. If I ask for a Route from Amsterdam to Rome it finds one.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Yes, same for me, from Italy to Amsterdam works fine so clearly all maps are installed.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    @Huutse
    Your original post was in Dutch, are you in the Netherlands or Belgium?
  • Huutse
    Apprentice Seeker
    In Nederland .
  • Huutse
    Apprentice Seeker
    Maar wat nu , een fout in de tomtom applicatie ?? ik zoek een oplossing ,elke maand wel betalen ,prima, maar dan wel voor een goed functionerend product ????
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    We started looking into this right after we spotted your post yesterday and still need to understand what causes this. I made the following observings:
    • I cannot plan a route from the Netherlands to Italy.
    • I can plan a route from the Netherlands to Switzerland.
    • I can plan a route from Germany to Italy.
    • I can plan a route from Italy to the Netherlands.
    At the moment we can only wait for our engineers to come with a fix. At the moment the only option is to plan a route To Switzerland or Austria and then when you make a stop once outside the Netherlands plan a route to your destination in Italy.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 37
    Renowned Trailblazer
    I traveled with TomTom from the Netherlands to Italy on the 17th of July, without any problems. Maybe this timestamp can help you with solving the problem.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Thanks @Brainsie
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    @Huutse
    Can you send me a PM and share your exact starting address in the Netherlands? I'd like to understand what our addresses have in common. If I manually choose a starting point on a street next to where I live the route planning works.
  • Huutse
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 2021
    I went on holiday on Sunday and in Germany TomTom did pick up the destination in Italy. From home I can plan a route to the south of France for example.

Mod.: Machine translated from Dutch
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited July 2021
    @Huutse
    Huutse wrote: »
    I went on holiday on Sunday and in Germany TomTom did pick up the destination in Italy. From home I can plan a route to the south of France for example.
    Yes, same here. But that's not happening from each address in the Netherlands. So if you could still send me your starting address in a private message that would help identify a pattern. With the iOS app I am able to plan the same route from home.

• Huutse
    Apprentice Seeker
    starting adress Omloop 99 Twello 7391PL Netherlands.
    Also I cannot set up my adress as the home adress (Thuis) instead tomtom uses Omloop 74 7391PN every time , even if I reset the app several times.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Huutse wrote: »
    starting adress Omloop 99 Twello 7391PL Netherlands.
    Also I cannot set up my adress as the home adress (Thuis) instead tomtom uses Omloop 74 7391PN every time , even if I reset the app several times.
    Thanks for the detail! I can no longer reproduce this. Looks like it's already fixed in the latest 3.2.5 build which has been rolled out to 100% of users. Your address seems similar to mine with paths that aren't accessible by car near your location.
  • Huutse
    Apprentice Seeker
    Also I cannot make a route from Italy to the Netherlands . Just a destination in gemany is possible ???
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited August 2021
    I was always able to plan a route from Italy to the Netherlands but it's perhaps related to the same issue with the current position on a location where Online Routing had an issue. When I tested I tapped on a street in the map to set the starting point.
  • LarsJensen
    LarsJensen Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    If I make a route from Danmark to Italy it says no route possible. If I make route from German border to Denmark it makes the route. It does not like ferry or Bridge?