Can't buy extra months — TomTom Community

Can't buy extra months

I can't pay for extra time for tomtom go anymore. I get the message "unavailable for subscriptions" when i enter my payment method. I never had this problem before and i've happily been using the app for years.

I don't even want a subscription but just do a one time payment. But it's not even possible to just get one year and cancel it right away, because I can't pay )-:

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    Hi @uiqueName4367343

Welcome to the Community! With the new GO App, subscriptions are now handled by the Google play store. They are set to automatically renew unless you cancel the auto-renewal before the next renewal date.

There's a yearly plan available but you should only avail it once you are near the expiry date of your current subscription to avoid forfeit of the remainder of the subscription.

Best, lampard
  • MUPMUP Posts: 259 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 23
    @lampard
    Thanks for more detailed clarification about Google's handling.

I am just the owner of a so called "Migrated TT Go Navigation App" and not able to extend without losing the current runtime until March 2022.

In the past using version Go Mobile 1.xy I was able to pay for 4 consecutive years by 4 payments within 5 minutes.
    So that kind of payment and extention would not be possible with Google?
    Hi @MUP

I'm also a migrated GO Mobile user, let me check this with the team and get back to you.

Best, lampard

edited July 23
    Hi there @MUP

Response from the team:
    We have moved to Google Play subscriptions to make managing subscriptions easier. With Google ID, you are able to easily start, renew, and cancel subscriptions depending on your driving needs. Google Play also automates refunds when applicable. However, if you are adamant about committing to multiple years of a GO Nav subscription, this purchase option on tomtom.com is available. Please note that if you wish to cancel, refunds via tomtom.com are not automated and may take days to weeks.

Best, lampard
  • uiqueName4367343uiqueName4367343 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 23
    Thank you very much, lampard. That fixed my issue, i managed to extend my unlimited navigation with the link you provided.

It's a pity that one time payments are not available through the app itself but only through this website. But at least it is possible this way.

I would appreciate it if one time payment options are added, because not all payment methods allow subscriptions (which i am very glad mine doesn't allow, because it ensures companies never charge more than the amount i pay for myself)
  • sholmsholm Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have a Google account, and another one, that I use with for example TT.
    So now I'm forced to change my account at TT?
    That's not very good.