How to join Open Beta for GO Navigation App? [BETA] — TomTom Community

How to join Open Beta for GO Navigation App? [BETA]

ciliegiaciliegia Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I'm a Beta tester for the TOMTOM Navigation (Early Access. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomtom.gplay.navapp.nds&hl=en_US&gl=US) and my phone (Moto G Power and Moto G6) have been updating new versions w/o problems...until now. The app has not updated to the latest version 3.1.75-latam. The last update was 3.1.65-latam. Maps, btw, have been updating. How do I get the latest version update?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Beta tester.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,434
    Community Manager
    edited July 21
    After receiving many questions for opening our app as public beta we have now enabled this option. This means that the previous beta app is discontinued.

To use public beta of the GO Navigation app, download the app from the regular Play Store and join beta there.
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Is there a place where we can view the changes of the beta version when updated?
  • ciliegiaciliegia Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    After receiving many questions for opening our app as public beta we have now enabled this option. This means that the previous beta app is discontinued.

To use public beta of the GO Navigation app, download the app from the regular Play Store and enable early access there.

Is this with or without subscription? I'm in the app now and there is no "early access" there. I did click on Join Beta...but it's been over 30 minutes and it states it is "adding your account to the program. It may take a few minutes." How many?

What happened to the app that I mentioned? It was very good.
    Community Manager
    Brainsie wrote: »
    Is there a place where we can view the changes of the beta version when updated?
    I'm currently checking this and will keep you posted.
    Community Manager
    ciliegia wrote: »
    Is this with or without subscription? I'm in the app now and there is no "early access" there. I did click on Join Beta...but it's been over 30 minutes and it states it is "adding your account to the program. It may take a few minutes." How many?

What happened to the app that I mentioned? It was very good.
    I corrected my post reflecting "Join Beta".

It's the subscription app. The app previously used for closed beta will probably expire and is already no longer receiving updates.
  • ciliegiaciliegia Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 21
    So, how long for Join Beta to appear that I have joined Beta? As stated, it's been over 30 minutes
    You state that the previous app "Probably" will close...Do you know or is this a guess?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 339
    Staff
    ciliegia wrote: »
    So, how long for Join Beta to appear that I have joined Beta? As stated, it's been over 30 minutes
    You state that the previous app "Probably" will close...Do you know or is this a guess?

Hi @ciliegia , could you please share screenshot that show TomTom app in Play Store which you used to join the open beta program?

It may take a while, we don't control that. Open beta is handled by Google Play Store.
    This is a fact, closed beta won't receive any updates.
  • 954dk954dk Posts: 306 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited July 26
    Thanks for opening the public beta program for TomTom Go.
    I'm sure, this will not only improve, but also speed up the app development :)
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    It's the subscription app. The app previously used for closed beta will probably expire and is already no longer receiving updates.
    Perfect, I found it such a hassle to have two versions on my phone. Now I can finally safely remove the 'Navigation' closed app from the phone.