iPhone 12 not connecting to my Carminat TomTom — TomTom Community

iPhone 12 not connecting to my Carminat TomTom

ClioTH102ClioTH102 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited July 21 in Built in car navigation
How do I connect my iPhone 12 to my Carminat TomTom IAxxxxxxxx16 ? Says TomTom navigation is not supported when I search on my phone under Bluetooth. I have a 2010 Renault Clio.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,146 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ClioTH102
    Welcome to the community!
    Bluetooth connections/parings depend on both hardware and software to work properly. So if your devices can't speak a common Bluetooth language, they won't be able to connect.
    The iPhone 12 probably uses an upgraded version of Bluetooth. I don't think there is a firmware upgrade available for the Carminat models, I would recommend you confirm this with the car dealer.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,146 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ClioTH102
    Welcome to the community!
    Bluetooth connections/parings depend on both hardware and software to work properly. So if your devices can't speak a common Bluetooth language, they won't be able to connect.
    The iPhone 12 probably uses an upgraded version of Bluetooth. I don't think there is a firmware upgrade available for the Carminat models, I would recommend you confirm this with the car dealer.

Regards,
    Vikram