tomtom Rider 550 - Default map view North-up compass feature — TomTom Community

tomtom Rider 550 - Default map view North-up compass feature

whitetopwhitetop Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited July 21 in MyDrive Connect
Hi all. Just signed up and already I need help with my device.
Still getting used to the Rider 550.
Seems pretty good, but it annoyingly seems to default the map orientation to always have North at the top of the screen. I like the arrow to face ahead of me. I did a near 400 mile ride out on the motorbike yesterday, firstly mainly North and the return trip was basically South.
I had used the search facility to find my destination, used the "Ride Home" feature on the return.
The North route seemed ok, but when returning home, South, the arrow was more or less following the route, but facing the bottom of the screen.
So how do I set the device to rotate the map so that major direction changes show the arrow point ahead of me, regardless of the compass direction I'm heading. I've never had a Sat Nav lock to north unless I've set it to do that.
I've tried setting Orientation lock to both on and off and both 3D and 2D (In Direction of Travel) and the various combinations.
Thanks for any help

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,677
    Superusers
    Hi Again....
    @whitetop
    A true North-up Driving view is not an available option on the latest Tomtom devices....
    The available options are 3D & 2D (Rotate in direction of travel)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Guidance view

hirdbftnd6em.jpg
    The only true North-up is the North-up Overview panning Map
    Tap on the direction of Travel Icon, above the + and - Signs
    To toggle between the North-up Overview Planning Map and the Driving Map view chosen in the Setting menus, i.e... 2D in direction of travel or 3D

mulqpd39pdff.jpg
    The direction of Travel Icon is thinner, more pointed in the 2D in direction of travel or 3D Driving view

i82ldz9u5cf1.png
    The sequence when tapping on the 'Direction of Travel Icon' as I see it... I'm driving using my chosen driving view in the Setting Menus...
    For me, 2D (In direction of Travel) + Zoom... Based on road type
    1st Tap --> North-up Overview planning Map
    2nd Tap --> 2D (Indirection of Travel) Max Zoom ???
    3rd Tap --> Return to my chosen driving view (2D (In direction of Travel) Normal Zoom

Cut & Paste from one of my previous posts
    Driving using the North-up Overview Planning Map
    My Normal Setting....
    2D Rotate in direction of travel
    Zoom... Based on road type

I planned and calculated a route
    Tapped the direction of travel chevron to select the North-up overview map
    tapped the + sign 4 times to set the required zoom level....

Set off on the route....
    The cursor that represents the current location does not remain centred like in 2D or 3D
    it's sits inboard from the edge of the screen about 20/25 percent and moves around the sides of the screen depending on the direction of travel, but it always stays on the screen (I think this is to show as much of the route as possible)

The route was about 5 Miles, the zoom level remained normal as for using 'Zoom Based on road type' throughout the journey

Stay Safe... ATB YFM