Bought new new device not able to find voices

OCAFOR
OCAFOR Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
Previously had Yoda and other paid for voices on earlier Tom Tom but on buying and starting the new device cannot find them in the menu. Please help.

Ron

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @OCAFOR

Just like maps and LIVE services, voices are non-transferable.
    As an exception, we used to activate them on the account for our users who bought a new device.
    Recently, a decision was taken to discontinue all paid/celebrity voices. Unfortunately, we won't be able to re-assign them on the account. Sorry :(.

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    Exalted Pioneer
    all celebrity voice removed

computer voice, free voice available
  • OCAFOR
    New Seeker
    That is interesting but does not answer the question. How do I download the voices I have already bought for the new device?
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 538
    Superuser
    Hi there @OCAFOR -

The paid for voices you had on your previous device don’t automatically get transferred to a newly purchased model. Hopefully @VikramK will have a look at your account to see if they are compatible and possibly able to transfer them to your new TomTom if it’s on the same account.
  • OCAFOR
    New Seeker
    Thank you that's helpful. Over to VikramK
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @OCAFOR

Just like maps and LIVE services, voices are non-transferable.
    As an exception, we used to activate them on the account for our users who bought a new device.
    Recently, a decision was taken to discontinue all paid/celebrity voices. Unfortunately, we won't be able to re-assign them on the account. Sorry :(.

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,112
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    @VikramK

Yet another reason why there should have been announcement before the decision, and why there still needs to be a formal statement, that there will be no more voices on new devices other than the limited ones that TomTom deem to supply.
  • Speedersen
    Speedersen Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    The voice of Homer Simpson on my 620 will guide me to the end of time. I'll never buy another device. Wo-hoo!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    Revered Voyager
    celebrity voices are no longer available in the online store, they are no longer assigned to the account.