App MyDrive drains the battery in few hours — TomTom Community

App MyDrive drains the battery in few hours

lucadelolucadelo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
This morning I found my Android Phone really hot with MyDrive App consuming 20% of the overall battery. And I didn't even open the app...
So I had to uninstall the app to avoid a complete drain of my phone battery! terrible behaviour.
Is this happened only to me?
How do I know when the problem will be fixed? Rider 550 uses that app for traffic and radars!

Best Answer

• kieronkieron Posts: 496
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there @lucadelo -

You don’t require the MyDrive app installed on your Android phone to receive traffic and speed camera data. Since the Bluetooth/MyDrive data pairing issue regarding iOS 13+ operating systems on Apple phones, I have directly paired my Rider 500 to my phone and receive traffic/camera data perfectly.

1. - Delete the MyDrive app on your phone
    2. - Delete old Bluetooth pairings of the gps on your phone
    3. - Connect the gps to your phone over Bluetooth through the standard way
    4. - Install the MyDrive app -
    5. - DO NOT pair your gps via the MyDrive app
    6. - Have personal hotspot on your phone turned ON.
    (Some of the above information reproduced by JURES, another forum contributor)

I personally just use the MyDrive app (signed in to your account) just to send routes/destinations to my Rider - but -
    JUST DON’T PAIR your gps with the MyDrive app!

What this entails on users particular devices operating under iOS 13+ is that they have currently lost the ability to receive stable text/phone call information on their gps navigation screen.

Answers

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there @lucadelo -

You don’t require the MyDrive app installed on your Android phone to receive traffic and speed camera data. Since the Bluetooth/MyDrive data pairing issue regarding iOS 13+ operating systems on Apple phones, I have directly paired my Rider 500 to my phone and receive traffic/camera data perfectly.

1. - Delete the MyDrive app on your phone
    2. - Delete old Bluetooth pairings of the gps on your phone
    3. - Connect the gps to your phone over Bluetooth through the standard way
    4. - Install the MyDrive app -
    5. - DO NOT pair your gps via the MyDrive app
    6. - Have personal hotspot on your phone turned ON.
    (Some of the above information reproduced by JURES, another forum contributor)

I personally just use the MyDrive app (signed in to your account) just to send routes/destinations to my Rider - but -
    JUST DON’T PAIR your gps with the MyDrive app!

What this entails on users particular devices operating under iOS 13+ is that they have currently lost the ability to receive stable text/phone call information on their gps navigation screen.
  • lucadelolucadelo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Kieron! That's really a fantastic advice! =) It works and I'll use it!

Frankly speaking, and I am an old TomTom user (and lover) with a 10 years old TomTom One still working, I'm really disappointed with the rider 550. TomTom Software is full of bugs and the perfection of old devices is still far away.
    Then I have issues with charging the device with its dock, but that's another open ticket...
    Superusers
    edited July 20
    Hi @lucadelo -

Glad to hear it was useful - safe riding and take care. B)