need to upload a poi file containing lpg stations — TomTom Community

need to upload a poi file containing lpg stations

rolf99rolf99 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
hi, I am trying to upload a poi file containing lpg stations. the file is downloaded from an internet portal.
no error message when uploading the file to mydrive. no error message when syncing it to the device. new line is shown on the device under my locations ('meine orte'). when opening the new line of pois i am informed that no pois are found.
using my former device via 135 i naver had a problem with the lpg poi file (copying to the device via windows explorer.
any ideas / proposals ?
electrical loading stations are of no use to me at all. but i am not able to delete the poi file

regards r.neubert

Comments

• fergussionfergussion Posts: 105 [Exalted Navigator]
    Do you have the map installed for the POI location.
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,019
    Superusers
    edited July 18
    Hi

you cannot delete the electric charging stations folder
    it's a tom-tom folder that can't be removed, it must be hidden

try to send the file to try it on our device

http://dl.free.fr/

I have 46,000 stations in 63 countries, but you have to at least cut it in half otherwise things will not work in the Gps
  • rolf99rolf99 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi,

thank you for the fast response.
    The map that is installed on the device is Central Europe, the POI file covers DACH. So this should be fine.
    Unfortunately when trying to upload the file using http://dl.free.fr I get the message 'Acccès interdit depuis une IP non FREE'. Due to the existing upload restrictions I have renamed the POI file from '...OV2' to '...txt'. The file is a bit bigger than 600 KB. Is this an issue for POI file upload ?
    In addition there is a '...bmp' file existing including the LPG picture. I did not find any upload option in mydrive for this item.
    Superusers
    Same for me no point of interest found
    I'm going to find out why
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Hi @rolf99

Try loading the original file into POI Edit on your PC and see if you can see the POI’s listed. If you do then resave as an .OV2. After that then retry loading it on your device via My Drive.

Doug
    Superusers
    Hi @ rolf99

follow the method of our friend @DougLap I just did it and it works

Well done Doug
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Hi @nabu

I had better buy a lottery ticket. 😂😂