Address missing from my GO 6 — TomTom Community

Address missing from my GO 6

I have just purchased a Tomtom GO 6 and to familiarise myself with the product I input my own postcode, however the postcode was found but listed the street name as unknown, why is this the case when my previous satnav and the AA and RAC route planning apps list my actual address.
I am annoyed as this can be a problem when the address may be the only information I have to hand, it's no use stating search for the postcode on my phone as I may not have any data to use it and why should I use something else when I purchased the Tom tom for exactly this reason?

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,019
    Superusers
  • Cornish60Cornish60 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for taking the time to post the link however I think you have misunderstood my question.
    If you read it again I have pointed out that by using my own postcode my address is listed as unknown on Tom Tom maps which is a flaw, I don’t need to look on map code as I actually know where I live.
    Again my point is if I am out in my car using Tomtom WITHOUT any access to the internet and only knew a persons address not postcode .
    What I was hoping for was someone from Tomtom to advise it’s a known problem and are dealing.
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,019
    Superusers
    edited July 18
    my point is if I am in my car using Tomtom WITHOUT any internet access and only knew a person's address

Yes if you know the address of the person, you should get there without problem
    How will Tomtom direct me to an address if it informs the address is unknown?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    edited July 19
    Hi @Cornish60

If you are happy too could you message me the Postcode you are having problems with so I can try it on my units. Also what is your unit full reference as you say it is GO 6 which is too short.

Doug
    Hi Doug, thanks for your message, My unit is a Go Basic 6, I don’t really want to put the postcode in the discussions as it is my home. As I have stated I feel it’s a problem with Tom Tom maps as on any other platforms my address is listed alongside the postcode it’s only on TOMTOM the street name appears as unknown
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    edited July 19
    Hi @Cornish60

I asked that if you were happy that you message me as I would not want you to post it on the forum.

The model should not make a difference if they have the same map version. The latest units are using a different (NTS) map set.

Have you considered using Mapshare Reporter to raise the issue with the Mappers?

Doug
    Doug I am more than happy to message you the postcode. And no as a new user I was not aware that I could mail the mappers, perhaps that's the answer, I have reported the issue to Tomtom directly and await a response. Thanks