TomTom Traffic "Expired" but Go Premium x — TomTom Community

TomTom Traffic "Expired" but Go Premium x

rob1968rob1968 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Just purchased a new tomtom go premium x and it says I will need to renew my traffic subscription next month but this device comes with lifetime subscription.
Have done a factory reset but no different.
What do I have to do?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    Hi @rob1968

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up on Monday and check/sort your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here to see what they say.

Doug
  • rob1968rob1968 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi thanks for your reply, also noticed GPRS is disconnected also...?
    Bit disappointed for a new device at the moment but hopefully it can be sorted soo quickly.
    Superuser
    Hi @rob1968

Regarding GPRS, if your device is connected to Wifi the GPRS will display disconnected as the Wifi will take priority. To check the GPRS take the unit well away from your Wifi and see if it then connects.

If the unit still shows as Disconnected then I suggest you try a Factory Reset.

Tap Menu
    Tal Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

Before you do the Reset log into your account on the My Drive Website and ensure your My Places, My Routes etc are all saved there so that they will sync back onto the device when it logs into your My Drive Account after the Reset.

Doug
    Hi I did put Tomtom in car my and went for a drive so was well away from wifi but it still shows gprs disconnected.
    I did another factory reset but unfortunately it's still the same..?
    But just to confirm I don't need to pay any monthly subscriptions do I?
    I bought it with the understanding that it's a free lifetime subscription, all inclusive of the purchase price?
    Thanks for ang help
    Superuser
    Hi @rob1968

There is no ongoing sub required for the traffic data via the inbuilt mobile sim.

It is possible that @VikramK or @lampard may have to ask you to contact Customer Support re the GPRS. Let us see what they say.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following Monday ro Friday working hours.:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
    Thanks for your reply but it seems so much hassle on my behalf for a device which cost £359.
    I just need it to work and for that price I'd expect it to.
    If it's not fixed very soon I may just return it for a refund I'm sorry to say.
    It's also very laggy to use which I see has been reported before but I thought it cant be true at that price.
    Had a bit of luck as GPRS is now working ok, just need to sort the traffic and camera subscription
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,666
    Superusers
    edited July 18
    Hi
    @rob1968
    rob1968 wrote: »
    Had a bit of luck as GPRS is now working OK, just need to sort the traffic and camera subscription
    Do you mean you have paid for a Traffic Subscription ???
    The GO Premium has Lifetime Traffic Speed Cams & Maps....
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, Social Distancing and people working from home, are delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi, no I haven't paid for any subscription, sorry if that was confusing. I was just pleased that GPRS is working.
    My tomtom says my traffic and camera updates Expires soon which is what I need sorted as you say I have lifetime traffic and camera, although on the box in small print this will only be available while a 2G network is in operation which will turned off in the near future sometime.
    You'd think tomtom could use 4G ?
    Superuser
    Hi @rob1968

2g is used for data by other devices than phones and has been available for years. It will be turned Off at some time however interestingly 3g is likely to be turned Off before 2g.

Hopefully once @VikramK or @lampard have picked this up tomorrow your problem, which appears to have occurred with some new units when first turned On, will be resolved. Look back here to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    Hi @rob1968

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi thanks for your reply, I did try the soft reset but unfortunately it still says I need to renew my subscription on 13th Aug ?
    Can you recheck your end please and I'll try another soft reset .
    Thanks