Traffic Activation — TomTom Community

Traffic Activation

Cham_JazdanCham_Jazdan Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hi,
My first TomTom device was a TomTom supreme, which includes free traffic subscription and free speed cameras subscription.
However, recently I had issues with my device, and the manufacture replaced mine with Go 5200. Later I found out with Go 5200, I'll have free speed cameras subscription but not traffic subscription.
I was trying to activate a traffic subscription, but accidently, I purchased speed cameras subscription.
Now, I can't find a way to activate the traffic subscription, and I'm concerned that if I canceled my order for the free speed cameras, I'll lose it.

Can you please investigate and help? This is getting really frustrating for me as I rely on TomTom a lot

Thank you

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    Hi @Cham_Jazdan

The TT GO5200 comes with Free Traffic and Cameras and so you do not need to Subscribe for either service. If you have purchased a subscription I suggest you contact Customer Support via Chat and seek a refund. If you are having issues with the services we can ask one of the Mods to check your devices settings on the TT servers and adjust if required.

The GO5200 is an older model with an inbuilt Mobile Sim which no longer works in Australia as the 2g system has been closed down. Also it does not have some features that are available on the GO Supreme so why did your unit get replaced by this lesser device?

Doug
  • Cham_JazdanCham_Jazdan Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug,

Thank you for getting back to me.
    I tried to activate the traffic subscription because both on my phone via MyDrive and on the device itself it was showing that the the subscription is expired. Can you please have a look at your backend if possible to check why the Traffic subscription is showing expired for me?

If I'm gonna use the chat function, it's only a bot chat. Should I open a ticket with the customer support for the refund? Or is there a live chat function here?

I'm not sure, please refer to the ticket with reference number Ref #1178398 for the details of my device replacement

Thank you
  • Cham_JazdanCham_Jazdan Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    1f6iykjkyn2f.jpg
    uc51geqx8ius.jpg
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,254
    Superuser
    edited July 17
    Hi @Cham_Jazdan

You appear to be under the -impression that I work for Tomtom when in fact I am a user like you.. This forum is User based however there are a couple of Mods who have access to the TT servers. Look back here on Monday to see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say after they have reviewed your units settings on the TT servers.

There are no phone lines Customer Service with so many are working from home because of Covid. There are a Chat, not just the Chat Bot facility, and email options I suggest you use Chat to seek any refund.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat directly with TT. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,208 Moderator
    Hi @Cham_Jazdan
    Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Thanks, Vikram