Go Expert. Can you get the go expert to display the current time on the screen please? — TomTom Community

Go Expert. Can you get the go expert to display the current time on the screen please?

francesmrkfrancesmrk Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
edited July 16 in GO Discover & GO Expert
I can't find how to display the current time on the Go Expert screen.
Also, the traffic keeps stopping working even though it is connected to my phone, keeps cutting out. Any help greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @francesmrk

You can only see the current time if you Tap Menu when no Route is displayed. If there is a Route running and you Tap the 3 vertical dots at the bottom of the Route bar or the Options icon if no Route bar is displayed whist running a route then Select Settings no Current time is displayed.

If you are referring to the My Drive App on your phone the only reason pairing the App with a TT unit, and that does not include the GO Expert, was to enable the messaging function if the TT device offered it.

Doug
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @francesmrk

If you decide you want to have the Route Bar constantly displayed whilst following a Route if the Traffic data is not available the 2cars with a cross on them will appear under the the Distance/Arrival time box in the Route Bar.

Easy to see what it will look like just create a Route with your phone Not Connected to the unit.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @francesmrk

What Phone are you linking your GO Expert too.

Doug
  • francesmrkfrancesmrk Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
    also, my old tomtom showed on the main screen that traffic services was active, and had a cross through if not, does the Go Expert do this?
    Superuser
    edited July 16
    Hi @francesmrk

I don’t have the Expert model but the Car version GO Discover does display the Traffic with a cross through the 2cars if Traffic data is not working. If Traffic data is working then there is no Traffic icon displayed.

Doug
    Hi Doug, yes, that's what I was hoping the Go Expert would do, show the traffic with the 2 cars and a cross through if not working. I'm using an Oppo A9 phone
    Superuser
    Hi @francesmrk

Never heard of that phone. I shall have to look it up. With the IPhones you need to turn on its PersonaHotspot when connecting Bluetooth and it must also be turned on during all times it is connected to the GG Unit. Android is the same

Doug
    I've found the traffic 2 cars now, on main menu, I was thinking it would be displayed on the map, thanks!
    so, I've turned on the personal hotspot on my phone, traffic working now. I'm assuming you don't have to open the app on your phone everytime and that tomtom just automatically picks it up as paired?
    can you display the current time on the go expert? thanks!
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @francesmrk

You can only see the current time if you Tap Menu when no Route is displayed. If there is a Route running and you Tap the 3 vertical dots at the bottom of the Route bar or the Options icon if no Route bar is displayed whist running a route then Select Settings no Current time is displayed.

If you are referring to the My Drive App on your phone the only reason pairing the App with a TT unit, and that does not include the GO Expert, was to enable the messaging function if the TT device offered it.

Doug
    Thank you so much Doug!! All my questions answered!
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @francesmrk

If you decide you want to have the Route Bar constantly displayed whilst following a Route if the Traffic data is not available the 2cars with a cross on them will appear under the the Distance/Arrival time box in the Route Bar.

Easy to see what it will look like just create a Route with your phone Not Connected to the unit.

Doug