Speed cameras disappeared — TomTom Community

Speed cameras disappeared

ZZR1400ZZR1400 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited July 15 in TomTom Services
Just like https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1132561/erased-speed-cameras I recently updated my tomtom rider and all the speed cameras have gone. I've never had to pay a subscription since new and it was bought with lifetime maps and speed cameras - says so on the box - and there have always been speed cameras but since the last update, they've all gone. I tried to reinstall them from the files on my PC via Tomtom Home and everytime I tried, i actually saw the folder being deleted in explorer which is very poor! How do I reinstate them please?
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,267
    Superuser
    Hi @ZZR1400

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and if your unit has Lifetime Cameras they cn ensure the TT settings are correct. Look back tomorrow to see what they say.

Doug
  • ZZR1400ZZR1400 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    no answer yet. could you give @VikramK or @lampard a nudge please. thanks.
  • kieronkieron Posts: 498
    Superusers
    Hi there @ZZR1400 -

The TomTom Moderators generally work Monday to Friday, so best to wait until Monday for this to be looked into. By the way, which model Rider do you have?
    Ah right, thanks man. Box just says TomTom Rider - says 2013 when I plug it in and 4GD01 on the unit.
  • kieronkieron Posts: 498
    Superusers
    edited July 17
    Hi @ZZR1400 -

As this is an older model than the one I use, could you close down the TomTom Home program on your PC, reboot the PC then try running the TT Home program again. Whilst this is taking place, turn on your Rider (battery fully charged)? and do a soft reset - not connected to your PC (drum roll sound). Then try to connect. If no improvement, then as @DougLap stated, it will be investigated and hopefully resolved.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,574 [Revered Pioneer]
    ZZR1400 wrote: »
    Just like https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1132561/erased-speed-cameras I recently updated my tomtom rider and all the speed cameras have gone. I've never had to pay a subscription since new and it was bought with lifetime maps and speed cameras - says so on the box - and there have always been speed cameras but since the last update, they've all gone. I tried to reinstall them from the files on my PC via Tomtom Home and everytime I tried, i actually saw the folder being deleted in explorer which is very poor! How do I reinstate them please?

Hello,
    The functionality of TomTom models has changed, speed camera services are linked to a subscription. When a speed camera subscription expires, the TomTom device stops alerting.
    kieron wrote: »
    Hi @ZZR1400 -

...and do a soft reset - not connected to your PC (drum roll sound).

When you say 'soft reset' do you mean a restart or reset factory settings?
    Thanks. Did a soft reset and rebooted my PC no difference - speed cameras still not there when I go to Tomtom home.
    edited July 17
    @ZZR1400
    Do you have a valid radar subscription?

If no valid subscription, no radar.
    No, but as mentioned, the device came with a lifetime subscription in the first place.
    The 2013 rider has completed the lifetime cartography, but it seems to me that the 2013 rider does not have lifetime radars waiting for the moderator's response on Monday.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    edited July 19
    Hi @ZZR1400
    The RIDER (2013 model) comes with map updates for the lifetime of the device.
    For speed cameras updates, a different subscription will be required.

Since last year, there has been a change in the way how speed camera alerts work.
    When there is no subscription or an existing subscription expires, speed camera alerts will stop alerting.

Regards,
    Vikram.
    In that case how about alerting the user before deleting them? That's appalling behaviour - just removing the speed cameras without any notice. Seems a very poor policy - they've been on the device for eight years then you just remove them without telling me.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Hi @ZZR1400
    We did send out communication emails to all our customers who had devices with inactive subscriptions last year.
    Here is a screenshot of the email-

avvm5uexukgf.png

Regards,
    Vikram
    A. I didn't receive that email.

B. It only mentions outdated speed camera locations. I never found any of them outdated.

C. I never had a subscription so it couldn't expire - so that email doesn't relate to me.

And D. what a massive case of double-speak. Basically, what it actually means to say is we're gonna stop you having free speed camera locations because we want you to pay for a subscription - yes?

Give me my free 'outdated' speed cameras back that - as far as I'm concerned - I paid for when I bought the device and you've just robbed me of. Please.