Camper settings on the GO PREMIUM TomTom

Windsor
Windsor Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
can anyone tell me how you actually talk to someone who is actually breathing? been searching for hours. I was bought a Go Premium and this week end tried it for the first time and got stuck in a lane in Cornwall in my camper. i have now found out it cannot be set for campers its for cars. just want to know how to rectify this or do i need a different tom tom

Comments

• nabu
    nabu Posts: 16,890
    Superuser
    there is no more phone connection at tom-tom

the only solution is to contact after-sales service to change
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Hi @Windsor

Yes the Premium is a Car only based device. If you want a unit that you can input your vehicle details then you need the Go Camper. You can set the vehicle you will be using for the journey as a Car, Car and Caravan, Small or Large Motorhome.

If you purchased it from Tomtom you will need to contact Customer Support to see if you can change it.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then have to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug.
  • Windsor
    Windsor Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    i have been in contact with someone at Tom Tom. I explained that in January this year i contracted Enchephilitis resulting in a brain trauma and coma. i also contracted Covid while in hospital. Im glad to say i pulled through but at present my licence as been revoked. I am coming to my senses and normality is slowly returning. At the beginin of July it came to light and a complete suprise that i had bought a Go Premium in March and set it up in my camper van. i had planned to buy a new sat nav with the camper features before my illness so this must have been in my head. i understand the conditions state 14 days but hoped they would understand as it was brand new and unused. the reply was no they could not refund. i explained i did not refund but to exchange paying any monies to make up short fall. i was told that they do not exchange old devises. I explained it is brand new and if it cannot be exchanged is there something i can do to stop it taking me down lanes like my other one. no was the answer but if i buy a new one they will give me 25% off and a bag. i know its not their fault but no compassion what so ever. and i will not be buying another tom tom
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 539
    Superuser
    Hi there @Windsor -

I am sorry to hear of your recent health issues and pleased to know that you are starting to make a good recovery. As the device is nearly 5 months old, and you have stated you had set it up in your camper van in March, it would then become deemed as “second hand” and not “brand new”.
    Sometimes, a business, in exceptional circumstances, will take into consideration, a possible exchange or refund and sadly, in your case, was not dealt with to your satisfaction.
    You could try advertising it for sale if it’s routing capabilities are not to your vehicle’s needed measurements for small lane avoidance, and hope you make a full recovery and most importantly - stay well.
  • BrianE
    BrianE Worcester, United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 562
    Exalted Navigator
    Windsor wrote: »
    i have been in contact with someone at Tom Tom. I explained that in January this year i contracted Enchephilitis resulting in a brain trauma and coma. i also contracted Covid while in hospital. Im glad to say i pulled through but at present my licence as been revoked. I am coming to my senses and normality is slowly returning. At the beginin of July it came to light and a complete suprise that i had bought a Go Premium in March and set it up in my camper van. i had planned to buy a new sat nav with the camper features before my illness so this must have been in my head. i understand the conditions state 14 days but hoped they would understand as it was brand new and unused. the reply was no they could not refund. i explained i did not refund but to exchange paying any monies to make up short fall. i was told that they do not exchange old devises. I explained it is brand new and if it cannot be exchanged is there something i can do to stop it taking me down lanes like my other one. no was the answer but if i buy a new one they will give me 25% off and a bag. i know its not their fault but no compassion what so ever. and i will not be buying another tom tom

If you search this forum you will find that there are many customers unhappy with the way we are treated by this company. Just one example - we have been asking for years for tomtom to provide an option to avoid narrow country lanes, but they have effectively simply ignored our requests. And don't think the camper version will always avoid such roads either. I have one and I know it doesn't, plus it sometimes chooses weird routes. For instance, if you plan a route from Finepoint Way, Kidderminster to Redditch, rather than using the town-centre by-pass (Silverwoods Way/Spennells Valley Road, as shown by the AA route planner in my image), it will direct you along the often-congested route I have highlighted with arrows.4kzp5qpw3hpx.png