Since updating my map I am having trouble setting detonations and post codes. I am having to use Goo — TomTom Community

Since updating my map I am having trouble setting detonations and post codes. I am having to use Goo

Since updating my map I am having trouble setting detonations and post codes. I am having to use Google maps which has no trouble locating my destination.
Thank you.
Stuart.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 914 [Revered Pioneer]
    reset factory
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,634
    Superusers
    edited July 15
    Hi
    @stumcotton
    Welcome to the site....
    Re... The Start 52 & Postcode search....
    This is a long-standing problem....
    The Postcode code search bug when using the latest Start devices is a real pain
    Any search for a Postcode... You have to enter a road/street name to execute a search ??? Why....
    If you know the road/street name and a house number, you don't need the Postcode
    Most people use a Postcode because they don't know the road/street name and house number
    Isolated farms, single building, Office blocks, Retail parks, Hospitals, New builds etc...
    For me, it renders the latest Start 42/52/62 devices useless in the UK

It's ONLY the latest Start 42/52/62 Range that has this particular Step by Step search engine as the only search option...

All the previous NAV4 Models and the remaining Models in the NAV5 Range... The Via, GO & Premium all have the "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode
    (1).... Quick Search (Default & Best)
    (2)... Step by Step

Stay Safe... ATB YFM