TomTom saying you cannot use this map on this device: United Kingdom and republic of ireland 479

helfitz
helfitz Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited November 8 in Map purchase & installation
I have a Renault Clio with in built TomTom and the SD card is installed it says you cannot use this map on this device: United Kingdom and republic of ireland-479. The SD card has been put into a laptop and updated with TomTom Home but it still doesnt work!

Comments

• helfitz
    Apprentice Seeker
    @VikramK I have seen you tagged in similar posts - can you help please
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,710
    Answer ✓
    Hi @helfitz
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated on your account.
    Just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • helfitz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @VikramK I have deleted the map but there is no map showing as available in the updates?

Can you help please
  • VikramK
    Hi @Helfitz
    The map shows active on your account and should get offered under downloads.

Could you try the below steps, please-

1. Disconnect the device and reinstall TomTom HOME

This will require a clean uninstall, so follow the detailed procedure from here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901520

2. Download a fresh version of TomTom HOME

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739

3. Connect the device and download a fresh map offered as an update-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961259

Regards, Vikram
  • Jim73
    Jim73 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I have exactly the same problem with the Error code is 101350 can you help please
  • VikramK
    Hi @Jim73
    Welcome to the community! Map activated. Just follow the same steps as above...

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Matt_Dhanji88
    Matt_Dhanji88 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    Hi, I have the same issue the "Problem with map: UK and Ireland 479 and I tried updating but after updating it still did not work and says there's a problem.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @Matt_Dhanji88

Look back here on Monday to see if @VikramK is able to resolve your issue for you.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Hi @Matt_Dhanji88
    Welcome to the community!
    I have activated a map for your TomTom, please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

Regards, Vikram.
  • AndrejaBatista
    AndrejaBatista Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    Hello, I have same problem with Central and Eastern Europe, it is saying it will not work on this device. I am very new here so I do not know if you will be able to assist me as well, @VikramK.

Thank you either way,
    Andreja.
  • VikramK
    @AndrejaBatista
    Hi Andreja
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated on your account.
    Just follow the same steps I mentioned above..

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • AndrejaBatista
    AndrejaBatista Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    @VikramK
    Thank you, some countries are missing from the map I had previously, but now at least it works again.
    I thank you for the help nonetheless.

Andreja.
  • dcf
    dcf Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    @VikramK Apologies for the thread hijack but I have the same problem as the OP, original card with original configuration working until error 479. SD card appears damaged (some images etc are corrupt) have created a new SD card (not from backup) but have had to transfer the original maps as I am not offered a download as above, the same error occurs. I tried a fresh install of Home on a different PC but still no download available, can you help please. Car is Renault Grand Scenic 2012.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
  • VikramK
    Hi Dan,
    Welcome to the community! A different version of the map has been activated on your account. Could you remove the existing map first and then download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • dcf
    dcf Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, I have removed all maps from the SD card via TomTom HOME, when inserted to the car the message shows "no maps found" but still get offered no maps under the Update screen in TomTom HOME.

Dan
This discussion has been closed.