Impossible to install any of the available maps — TomTom Community

Impossible to install any of the available maps

maxoncemaxonce Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
I am trying to update maps on my new TomTom Via 62 since 48 hours. So far, I only managed to lose the pre-installed European map and store a corrupt Germany-Austria-Switzerland map, which is not usable. It regulary stops, restarts. loses the connection, restart the PC, the percentage achieved suddenly go back from 23% to 10% or anything, the remaining time also jumps around wildly... It is completely unreliable.
I tried to restart, reconnect, switch off and on, install the USB RNDIS6 driver, desinstall the corrupt map (which did not really succeed either),...
The only think that worked was the installation of Map V4, but it does not seem to help.
The computer runs Windows 10 and I downloaded the latest App MyDrive Connect 4.2.11.4200 and I use an ethernet cable connection to the ADSL router on a 5 Mbps internet access.

Answers

• maxoncemaxonce Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    In the mean time, it seems that the de-installation of the Germany-Austria-Switzerland map succeeded, but I still have no maps available...
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,190
    Superusers
    I have been trying to update the maps on my new TomTom Via 62 for 48 hours.

you're sure it's via 62 because I only have a map of Europe on it
    Yes, I am sure. Indeed, only the Europe map was pre-installed, but in My Drive Connect, I have the option of downloading any kind of smaller sub-maps of Europe.(for about 15 different regions)
    Superusers
    edited July 14
    OK I have that :3

47wuosdld5ms.png
    I see, I have about 20 download options in total, but it is perhaps not very useful anyway. I am still trying to reinstall the Europe map, but it already brought my PC to crash twice in the last couple of hour with BSOD and the progress is still only at 6%... :'(
    Superusers
    your via 62 is not Wifi ??? mine no
    As far as I can see, it has no WiFi either, only Bluetooth or USB interfaces..
    Superusers
    If you can already download a mini map (even if it is useless)
    as I did on my Wifi it avoids losing the GPS menu in the event of a corrupted card and then you load another track
    Yes, I saw that comment/idea in the forum, that is why I also tried to download the Austria-Germany-Switzerland regional map, but it was not really crowned with success, either, so that I came back to trying to download the Europe map.
    In the meantime, I have reached 11%. :#
    It stopped after about 20-25%, but now refuses to repair because it says that it would fill up all the memory (it counts the size of the map double, once as the corrupt map already loaded and once as the full map to be reinstalled). So I have to de-install again the corrupt map, which will take hours again.
    I have never seen such a catastrophic system in my life.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,574 [Revered Pioneer]
    Can you try with another computer?
    I could, but that is the fastest I have with control over the security and energy-saving parameters. I am pretty sure that it will be even worse with another one.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,574 [Revered Pioneer]
    It was just to try you will have seen if it is a computer problem or a connection problem between the GPS and Mydrive Connect.
    I understand your idea, but the other computers around here are one Win XP desktop PC from 1998, one Vista laptop from 2006 and one work PC with Win 10 where I have no admin rights, cannot install MyDrive Connect and which locks itself every 5 minutes. That is why I am quite skeptical.
    In the meantime, I "succeeded" in de-installing the corrupt map, launch a re-install of the Europe map, which ended up with an error message after 20 hours of connection?!? Somehow, it fills up 4-5 Go of memory, but does not suggest a repair or de-install, it is as if I never tried to install it?!? I am leaving for vacation tomorrow, so that I now have tried Eastern and central Europe, which still fits in the memory without deleting the Europe map.
    I think that it has a HW, perhaps memory or memory controller, problem. I don't know....
    Now, I have both maps, both corrupted and I cannot repair either anymore, because memory is insufficient. And still no news from any TomTom representative...
  • jimmyttjimmytt Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I have same problem this is crazy