Why does MyDrive connect always indicate speed camera updates are available? — TomTom Community

Why does MyDrive connect always indicate speed camera updates are available?

VFC010VFC010 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
I recently purchased another 1year Speed Cameras World subscription and successfully installed the locations for the two country maps on my GO 50. However, even though my Smartphone has always been tethered via Bluetooth and my services are logged in syncing data (no issues sending my places to the device within a few seconds). Every time I seem log onto TomTom MyDrive Connect via my laptop, every few days it appears there is an update available. Although I have installed the updates several times, a few days later there always seems to be another Speed Camera update available for my two map countries.

Now, I thought that these regular Speed Camera updates would be downloaded every time my Smartphone connects to the GO 50 in the car like it always used to. The phone pairs quickly, the TomTom services logs into my account over the air & is syncing data so why do I have to keep manually updating my GO 50 via my laptop's TomTom MyDrive app?

In sheer desperation, I have tried the following but new Speed Camera updates are always available in MyDrive every few days:
    [*] un-installed the Speed Cameras & re-installed the locations along with any subsequent updates
    [*] un-installed TomTom MyDrive Connect from my laptop, rebooted & then re-installed v4.2.11.4200
    [*] completely factory reset the GO 50, re-paired Smartphone & logged back into my services account
    [*] emptied the downloads directory C:/Users/frank/AppData/Local/TomTom/HOME3/cache

Can anyone think of anything I've missed or can try as I thought any Speed Camera updates (small files compared to the country map updates which need the MyDrive Connect app) would download via your Smartphone over the 4G network?

Thanks,
    Frank

Comments

• nabunabu Posts: 16,088
      Superusers
      edited July 14
      I recently purchased another 1year Speed Cameras World subscription and successfully installed the locations for the two country maps on my GO 50.

You will have for 1 year an update every 3 days
    • VFC010VFC010 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
      Hi Nabu,

Yeap that kind of makes sense but do you really need to physically connect your laptop every time to download these small 200KB updates via TomTom MyDrive Connect?

j08vwir6j547.png

Shouldn't these updates get downloaded over the air automatically when your phone connects to the GO 50 via your activated TomTom Services account?
    • nabunabu Posts: 16,088
      Superusers
      Hi JudyYW

Not having a cell phone, I have to go through my computer