Version 3.1.75 rollout started

Jürgen
Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
Community Manager
We have started rolling out version 3.1.75:
  • Fix to crashes on Samsung S20 devices
  • Bug fixes and improvements
We will increase to 100% as soon as possible.
Update 15 July: We have now rolled out to 100%.

Comments

  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    edited July 2021
    When it comes to improvements, we delivered following user-facing changes along the fix for S20 crash when using TTS voices:
    Removed not needed icon for current route from main menu, which was always disabled and inaccessible when there was route planned
    5ryr4psk3as4.pngbywqtevntlci.png
    Changed the default theme to Cosmic Blue
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    This update has now been rolled out to 100%.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    For some strange reason I'm unable to upload screenshot that shows the new default theme color. It can be seen in screens that I uploaded above, difference isn't that noticeable.
  • lneam
    lneam Registered Users Posts: 87
    Supreme Trailblazer

    i install this new version into my device for first time, with 30 days test use.

    Where is the store folder ?

    into my device the flash memory storage : android/data/ the tomtom folder is empty of files
    my device has not physical sd card slot
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    lneam wrote: »
    i install this new version into my device for first time, with 30 days test use.

    Where is the store folder ?

    into my device the flash memory storage : android/data/ the tomtom folder is empty of files
    my device has not physical sd card slot

    Hi @lneam , but why do you want to access this directory on your device? Android applications keep their data stored in /data/data/<app package> directory which isn't accessible for phone users.
  • lneam
    lneam Registered Users Posts: 87
    Supreme Trailblazer
    szachowa wrote: »
    lneam wrote: »
    i install this new version into my device for first time, with 30 days test use.

    Where is the store folder ?

    into my device the flash memory storage : android/data/ the tomtom folder is empty of files
    my device has not physical sd card slot

    Hi @lneam , but why do you want to access this directory on your device? Android applications keep their data stored in /data/data/<app package> directory which isn't accessible for phone users.

    this answer is not accurate. Last 3.5 years, into my device i have install
    - tomtom go
    - here maps
    - here we go
    - sygic incar
    - sygic aura
    - sygic track
    - mireo don't panic
    - mireo genius maps
    - osmand +
    - locus maps pro
    - orux (google play)
    - mapfactor free
    - magic earth
    - navitel
    - igo (playstore)
    - hellaspath

    at ALL of them i had 100% access at the installation folder
    -
    why i have to answer the reason to like to see me stored data..... and don't you answer why tomtom has moved the install folder at private location from the user ?????
  • lneam
    lneam Registered Users Posts: 87
    Supreme Trailblazer
    last use of tomtom go it was at 2020 with version 1.18.1

    yesterday, when i install the tomtom go nds v 3.1.75 for 30 days of test, i can't found any more
    - to import user poi
    - there is no pedestrian navigation
    - there is no bicycle navigation
    - there in no 3D power save mode

    why tomtom ???????
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    All things considered, I'm still wondering what the reason for this release is.
    Isn't it about time to tackle the real issues, which are plenty discussed in these forums, and release fixes for it?
  • Karmann
    Karmann Registered Users Posts: 17
    Outstanding Explorer
    A new default color. This color was already a color on the app theme list, so what was the reason to change the earlier default color?
    I'm using mostly the AA head unit, so changing a default theme color on the app itself has no advantage to me. Or am I seeing this wrong.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Karmann wrote: »
    A new default color. This color was already a color on the app theme list, so what was the reason to change the earlier default color?
    I'm using mostly the AA head unit, so changing a default theme color on the app itself has no advantage to me. Or am I seeing this wrong.

    Hi @Karmann, we have decided to change default color to Cosmic Blue, since it is better matching coloring of TomTom brand.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    edited July 2021
    lneam wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    lneam wrote: »
    i install this new version into my device for first time, with 30 days test use.

    Where is the store folder ?

    into my device the flash memory storage : android/data/ the tomtom folder is empty of files
    my device has not physical sd card slot

    Hi @lneam , but why do you want to access this directory on your device? Android applications keep their data stored in /data/data/<app package> directory which isn't accessible for phone users.

    this answer is not accurate. Last 3.5 years, into my device i have install
    - tomtom go
    - here maps
    - here we go
    - sygic incar
    - sygic aura
    - sygic track
    - mireo don't panic
    - mireo genius maps
    - osmand +
    - locus maps pro
    - orux (google play)
    - mapfactor free
    - magic earth
    - navitel
    - igo (playstore)
    - hellaspath

    at ALL of them i had 100% access at the installation folder
    -
    why i have to answer the reason to like to see me stored data..... and don't you answer why tomtom has moved the install folder at private location from the user ?????

    Hi @lneam , I have checked with developers, and this is the response that I received:
    We don't store any data which might be interesting for user to read. At same time, this guarantees that other apps can't access the files (with files read permission any app can access everything in Android folder on emulated storage), and when user deletes app, everything gets removed with that action.
  • lneam
    lneam Registered Users Posts: 87
    Supreme Trailblazer
    szachowa wrote: »
    Hi @lneam , I have checked with developers, and this is the response that I received:
    We don't store any data which might be interesting for user to read. At same time, this guarantees that other apps can't access the files (with files read permission any app can access everything in Android folder on emulated storage), and when user deletes app, everything gets removed with that action.

    - if we was talking about iOS from apple, probably this behavior was logical. But we are talking about android OS. I have a list with a lot of well known navigation apps, some of them are still into my device, and i have access at maps data.

    - what tomtom afraid from other apps ?

    - once again a wrong answer. All of my apps into Android folder on emulated storage, when i visit setting and make "remove", the folder automatic is removed

    tomtom, you have the right to thinking as you like and this working philosophy likes at the future customers
  • eddydc
    eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
    Exalted Navigator
    lneam wrote: »
    - what tomtom afraid from other apps ?

    Maybe it's related to their PND line. In the old days, one could - as with Garmin still - connect the PND to a computer and access the file system. This was very useful for putting eg POIs on the systems. Others even modified other things in order to let look TT different, etc.
    I guess there were some abuses and TT - for that reason? - closed the door completely and everything needed to be done via a web interface. The downside was that custom POIs were impossible from that point on. I don't know the status of the PNDs now, but it took years before custom POIs were possible and I don't even know if everything is back as in the old days.
    The apps still don't have custom POI support, but that's not the only thing where misses the ball by strolling/muddling on and make TT again the navigation tool it used to be. Ans then one wonders why people are leaving TT in favor of 'free' alternatives.