Just got my brand new shiny GO 610! — TomTom Community

Just got my brand new shiny GO 610!

Hey everyone. I finally bought an upgrade to my beloved Start 20. It is a GO 610 as you guessed from the title. And absolutely new!

Anything you may suggest for me to do? But updating its stuff.

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 301 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Haha thanks for the answer. I am not a first time TomTom user so I know most of the info in there. I am more about if there are any warnings and other stuff which people who already used GO 610 could say.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,512
    Superusers
    If possible, shut it down completely when you don't need it (over Night). If it always goes into sleep mode, it tends to accumulate errors.
    And please install a second small card on the internal memory, so that if the Europa card is damaged, you can still access the menu of the device to insert a memory card if necessary.
    Aha got it. Yes I have heard about the maps not fitting due to the 8 GB memory. Didnt know about errors in sleep mode though, can you provide more info on that? Thanks!
    Superusers
    Mostly it starts with the device becoming sluggish when entering addresses. Then it can be that it freezes or no longer finds addresses.
    Usually you can fix this with a reset.
    However, this is not a problem of the 610 specifically but rather affects the entire Nav4 devices and also the Wifi devices. Usually 6" devices are more affected than 5" devices.

Therefore, my advice: If you do not use the device for a long time, shut it down completely and restart it again when you need it again, for example, the next day.
    Aha I see, sounds interesting. Latest GO 610 update was on November 10, 2020. Should I expect any more updates? Btw, why cannot that bug be fixed with software updates? Is it a processor side issue?
    Superusers
    I would expect them not to develop any more firmware updates, since there are already 2 follow up devices (Go620 and Go discover).
    I would expect only the normal map updates (next in August)
    edited July 14
    Got it, and anything about the bug? Like whats the approx. cause of it
    Superusers
    Unfortunately, I don't know either, since I am only a layman.
    Possibly a general firmware problem (similar to Windows also clogs itself).
    The installed components should also do their part.
    Got it. Thank you.