App keeps rebooting on Android Auto

TheFriar
TheFriar Alkmaar Registered Users Posts: 66
Renowned Trailblazer
I am in germany for a short holiday and on the way up here the TT app suffered several reboots.
Finishing it off with a complete shutdown a couple of kilometers before reaching my destination.

Can anyone tell me if they are suffering the same problem.
It drove me almost crazy, and im about to break out mi iPhone 11 again.
I cant remember having the same issues with TT on Apple Carplay.

Best Answer

Answers

• FM1405
    FM1405 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    TheFriar wrote: »
    I am in germany for a short holiday and on the way up here the TT app suffered several reboots.
    Finishing it off with a complete shutdown a couple of kilometers before reaching my destination.

Do you have a Samsung phone with July security patch installed? If so, read this post

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136374/app-crashing-after-installing-samsung-android-security-patch-dated-1-july-2021#latest
  • TheFriar
    Renowned Trailblazer
    FM1405 wrote: »

Do you have a Samsung phone with July security patch installed? If so, read this post

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136374/app-crashing-after-installing-samsung-android-security-patch-dated-1-july-2021#latest

I think i may have it.

kyus5ohq1ynp.jpg
  • TheFriar
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    FM1405 wrote: »

I think i may have it.

kyus5ohq1ynp.jpg

In the German part of this forum i found out that TT already reproduced the problem, and a fix is on its way very soon.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    In the German part of this forum i found out that TT already reproduced the problem, and a fix is on its way very soon.

I can confirm that.
  • teejay3800
    teejay3800 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited March 4
    szachowa wrote: »
    I can confirm that.
    I am also experiencing the same issue. While viewing the map in TT GO 3.3.72, the app will momentarily close and restart itself. This happens every 2 minutes. Like the OP, this is occurring while running the app through Android Auto on my car screen.

Is there a resolution for this?

311945lin9h3.jpeg
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 566
    Revered Pioneer
    Did you try the given solutions linked above?
  • teejay3800
    teejay3800 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    MUP wrote: »
    I do not have the Samsung devices mentioned, but yes I did follow the steps described there. I've also uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled. My device is a OnePlus 8.
  • kierownik
    kierownik Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited March 31
    teejay3800 wrote: »
    MUP wrote: »
    I do not have the Samsung devices mentioned, but yes I did follow the steps described there. I've also uninstalled the app, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled. My device is a OnePlus 8.

I do have a samsung s10 with latest android update and latest GO app and I've done all the possible steps, uninstalling, reinstalling etc etc and the app is still rebooting itself while using in Android Auto. The funny thing is that when I don't have any destination set and I'm only viewing the map it will reboot itself every couple of minutes. However if I have a destination and it's showing me directions it will reboot maybe once during a 1 hour drive. It is very annoying especially that I also pay for the premium subscription. The problem only occurs with GO, I tried Sygic and it doesn't happen there, Maps also don't crash. So it's definitely TomTomGO related problem.