Unable to update Tomtom Start 52 — TomTom Community

Unable to update Tomtom Start 52

BettyBolladaBettyBollada Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I’ve tried resetting everything, reinstalling Mydrive Connect, factory reset the unit, but still cannot install any new maps - which are at least a year out of date. It seems to be on. 1011.9039 currently.
Do I have to buy something?
Help please!

Answers

• nabunabu Posts: 16,021
    Superusers
    1011 A 1070 it is over a year old so contact the TomTom after-sales service to have the maps returned to you

Tomtom Start 52 yes it's for life
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    Hi
    @BettyBollada
    Welcome to the site....
    bcur0y4aduu0.jpg
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the serial number of your device ??? The two letters define the Tomtom Model....
    Is the device an 8GB or a 16GB Start 62

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • BettyBolladaBettyBollada Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited July 12
    Hi thanks team - the serial starts XR - 8G I think.
    Thanks for your help
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Hi @BettyBollada

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Hi - firstly… thanks!
    I have done the soft reset, which unfortunately didn’t fix it. I raised a ticket with the user support, they did something that reset the maps, I could then see the new update, which I downloaded and installed. Now the unit is saying there are No Maps installed, while Mydrive connect seems to think everything is installed correctly. Tried removing the HOME3 folder and performing the various (drum sound) resets, still not worked. The unit is now stuck on the No Maps message with no access to any navigation or menu functions. Help!
    Fixed it! Solution was to reset device, clear cache in MDC, start unit and THEN plug it in. The download then successfully installed. Cheers all. JB