App crashing after installing Samsung android security patch dated 1 July 2021 — TomTom Community

App crashing after installing Samsung android security patch dated 1 July 2021

Kevhart100Kevhart100 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
After installing this patch, the app keeps crashing when a route has been programmed, the crash occurs within a couple of minutes of the route being calculated so the app is unusable at present. I have tried re-installing but this has not made any difference. Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,997
    Superusers
    In the German Part of this Forum som users report the same.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1136332/tomtom-go-stuerzt-ab-unter-android-11#latest
    Wich Device did you have? Galaxy S20?
    Maybe the moderators will ask you for the App ID
  • automatikernautomatikern Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I experience this to.
    After installing the same patch on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
    Tried to re-install, but it failed again after about 25 seconds of the calculated route .
  • Kevhart100Kevhart100 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looks like wider issue that needs escalating and resolving ASAP.
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    In the German Part of this Forum som users report the same.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1136332/tomtom-go-stuerzt-ab-unter-android-11#latest
    Wich Device did you have? Galaxy S20?
    Maybe the moderators will ask you for the App ID

Yes, I do have a Galaxy S20.
  • FM1405FM1405 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    I have the same problem on my Samsung S20 after installing July Security patch. Both tomtom go navigation apps affected, 3.1.48 and beta 3.1.65. Several crash reports send to tomtom, hoping for a quick solution.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 349 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 11
    Guess it is Samsung again, not TT.
    That's the 2nd strong fail after last years trouble with Android-Auto "Internet connection isn’t strong enough at the moment".
    https://www.sammobile.com/news/android-auto-bug-samsung-phones-appears-fixed/

This year:
    https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/110371397/s21-ultra-android-auto-crashes-when-the-phone-is-unlocked?hl=en

So the users again have to wait for a special Google fix related to Samsung devices.
    MUP wrote: »
    Guess it is Samsung again, not TT.
    That's the 2nd strong fail after last years trouble with Android-Auto "Internet connection isn’t strong enough at the moment".
    https://www.sammobile.com/news/android-auto-bug-samsung-phones-appears-fixed/

This year:
    https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/110371397/s21-ultra-android-auto-crashes-when-the-phone-is-unlocked?hl=en

So the users again have to wait for a special Google fix related to Samsung devices.

It's not just Android Auto, the app crashes in phone only mode too
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 324 [Supreme Navigator]
    It's not down to July update as I'm running on S20FE 5G and it crashes after 1 hour of running.
    szachowa wrote: »
    We have managed to reproduce this crash and we are working on the fix.

Can someone check if following workaround works (I have S21+ and I didn't get the update yet):
    1. Remove all installed voices, both computer and recorded
    2. Download 1 recorded voice, for instance Lisa, Werner, Jane, Tim, Bonnie...
    3. Select it
    4. Check if app is crashing

Hi, That seems to have worked, I uninstalled Serena and installed Jane and the app hasn't crashed yet.
    Kevhart100 wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »
    We have managed to reproduce this crash and we are working on the fix.

Can someone check if following workaround works (I have S21+ and I didn't get the update yet):
    1. Remove all installed voices, both computer and recorded
    2. Download 1 recorded voice, for instance Lisa, Werner, Jane, Tim, Bonnie...
    3. Select it
    4. Check if app is crashing

Hi, That seems to have worked, I uninstalled Serena and installed Jane and the app hasn't crashed yet.

Just reinstalled Serena and the app crashes again, the problem seems to be linked to the Serena voice. I have installed Jane again now.
    I have 3 different danish language to download. Ida, computer voice and 2 recorded voices, Nils and Birgitte.
    If Ida has been downloaded, the app crashes even if Ida is not selected as voice used. Erase Ida and app works perfect.
  • automatikernautomatikern Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Delete all voices. Install a recorded voice.
    A computer voice will fail
  • GS64GS64 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    FM1405 wrote: »
    I have 3 different danish language to download. Ida, computer voice and 2 recorded voices, Nils and Birgitte.
    If Ida has been downloaded, the app crashes even if Ida is not selected as voice used. Erase Ida and app works perfect.

I can erase Brigitte and Niels but not Ida.
    Ida is the recorded standard voice.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 426
    Staff

That is correct, since computer voices are used for additional announcement like info about ETA, traffic or destination arrival even if not being selected.
    edited July 12
    I have a privat and a work phone.
    They are both Samsung A8 Enteprise, with the same version of TomTom.
    On my work phone, I'm able to delete the computer voice, but not on my private phone.
    Tried a reset, but it didn't work. No problem with recorded voice.
    My work phone doesn't crash..
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 426
    Staff
    @GS64 , would it be possible to share some screenshots? What happens when you try to delete the voice? At least to my knowledge, I haven't seen such issue reported before.
    On both phones I tried again to download the computer voice.
    Got in to delete and deleted computer voice, and now it's gone, on both phones..
    Mayby because TomTom was newly installed on private phone..?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,561
    Community Manager
    I have the same problem on my Samsung S20 after installing July Security patch. Both tomtom go navigation apps affected, 3.1.48 and beta 3.1.65. Several crash reports send to tomtom, hoping for a quick solution.
    Can you confirm it's fixed in Beta 3.1.75?
    Community Manager
    edited July 15
    We have started rolling out version 3.1.75:
    • Fix to crashes on Samsung S20 devices
    • Bug fixes and improvements
    We will increase to 100% as soon as possible.
    Community Manager
    Version 3.1.75 has now been rolled out to 100%.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Can you confirm it's fixed in Beta 3.1.75?

Hi Jürgen

I can confirmthat is has been fixed with the new update.
    Serena installed on 3.1.75 beta without issues now. Thanks for sorting.
  • blairhartleyblairhartley Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Very recently TomTom Go on my Android phone has started crashing. It doesn't happen when there is no route planned... but as soon as I plan a route, it seems a few seconds later it exits with no message. Restarting the app reloads the route, but it exits again soon after.

Is this a known problem? Any suggestions how to stop it doing this?
    Latest update version 3.1.75 will fix it.
    It was caused by the computer voice installed. You can try to delete the computer voice and download a recorded voice. That will also solve the problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0