Tomtom app on IOS15 (beta) — TomTom Community

Tomtom app on IOS15 (beta)

Marc_WeijmarMarc_Weijmar Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Not a question, more of a signal towards Tomtom and potentially other wannabe IOS15 users:

The tomtom app on my Iphone 12 IOS15 (developer beta 2) has a problem with the voice guidance. It's cut off al the time. When a guidance is needed only the first second of the sentence is being said.

Other apps (and other navigation apps) don't have this problem. It's really the only one where the audio is behaving weird.

(also had a problem downloading maps after a reinstall of the app, trying to fix the audio, but I see there is another thread about it already)

Comments

• EldewyEldewy Posts: 29 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I can confirm this. Funny enough voice guidance/speed trap warnings work if Siri is active or a phone call is active.

The problem is also present in CarPlay.
  • Feckweed405Feckweed405 Posts: 33 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Having the same issue with CarPlay on 15 beta 2. Will have to try the Siri phone call ‘hack!’
  • Marc_UK1000Marc_UK1000 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Yup, me too. Having the same issue with CarPlay on 15 beta 2
  • TheFriarTheFriar Posts: 61 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Same here.
    Issue is still present on Beta 3.
  • SuperhoopsSuperhoops Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I put on a thread about this about a month ago but nothing has changed. https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1135551/voice-announcements-cut-short-in-carplay#latest
    I tried it again today to see if anything has been done but now I just get a black screen- no picture and no sound. I have been trying apple maps and Waze last few weeks. Not perfect, mainly regarding speed cameras but at least the voice instructions work. Might just stay with one of them to be honest.
    Superhoops wrote: »
    I put on a thread about this about a month ago but nothing has changed. https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1135551/voice-announcements-cut-short-in-carplay#latest
    I tried it again today to see if anything has been done but now I just get a black screen- no picture and no sound. I have been trying apple maps and Waze last few weeks. Not perfect, mainly regarding speed cameras but at least the voice instructions work. Might just stay with one of them to be honest.

TomTom Go is by far and wide the slowest developing Android/iOS app I have ever seen.

That being said, these apps have some of the best if not the best visual guidance in the business. Combining that with solid offline performance, you have to get used to the convoluted routing and long lasting bugs as these are the main weaknesses of the apps.

Also don’t forget that iOS 15 is at a very early beta stage and after using the app daily I can only see two really annoying bugs: this one here & the abnoxious split view bug. So it is not so bad.

If you want an alternative with good speed camera information till TomTom bugs are fixed, I would recommend you to try Sygic or Flitsmeister. The accuracy of their data is highly dependent on the user base where you live though, so try for yourself to find the best app in your area.
  • iYousef911iYousef911 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Me too I have the same issue here