Why is truck profile missing from tomtom6250 pro?

Stefanmicu1902
Stefanmicu1902 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi, I'm new with TomTom and I had few bumps since I had purchased it and the latest is that after being sent to TomTom to be repaired now after few weeks I've realised that the truck profile is missing, I came to realise that is missing because I had done only known routes and wasn't in need of the satnav, I'm writing here because I hope is an easy fix and not wanting to be going again I to the process of 2 weeks going without my kit, I hope is someone out here that had the same problem and could give me some guidance, thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to see if it's an easy fix or not.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,857
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stefanmicu1902

The usual reason you have no Vehicle option on a unit is that the selected Map is not a Truck Map. Go to Maps in Settings and check whether the selected map has Truck in its description.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stefanmicu1902

The usual reason you have no Vehicle option on a unit is that the selected Map is not a Truck Map. Go to Maps in Settings and check whether the selected map has Truck in its description.

Doug
  • Stefanmicu1902
    New Seeker
    Hi @DougLap , thank you for your fast reply, I had followed your instruction and indeed the map name was only Europe and not Europe truck, now I had installed a small map in order to delete the other one and I'm on 14% downloading the Europe truck one🤞🤞.

Kind regards Stefan!
  • Stefanmicu1902
    New Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Stefanmicu1902

Doug

Hi @DougLap indeed it worked flawlessly, thank you for taking your time and I'm very glad that was an easy fix and no time consuming, I wish you the very best and all the good wishes, have a nice evening, be safe !

Kind regards Stefan !
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi Stefan

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Stefanmicu1902

Just to add don't delete the small map but leave it lying there on the internal memory. Then when you do any updates always ensure you only do one map at a time. Now should you have an issue when updating your main map which can easily result in you losing the map from the device you have the small map there to enable you to run the unit normally and re-download the lost map This avoids the No Maps Found situation.

Doug