Updating carminat

Laino
Laino Registered Users Posts: 7
New Seeker
edited July 2021 in Built in car navigation
Ive followed instructions to update carminat tom tom and it says i have updated it successfully but when put in carminat it is still out of date

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,754
    Elite Voyager
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    There is only the software update which is free, the cartography is the paid live sound service.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    Revered Voyager
    what did you update
  • Laino
    New Seeker
    I updated maps through tom tom home which then said fully updated but as i said the maps are still outdated as the motorways near me were rerouted five years ago but carminat tom tom on my renault trafic still only recognises old route. 👍
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,710
    Hi @Laino
    Welcome to the community! Could you check what the current map version installed?

TomTom's latest map version is 10.70.

Regards, Vikram
  • Laino
    New Seeker
    Its version v850. 2817
  • Laino
    New Seeker
    Sorry just noticed its 9.884
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,710
    Laino wrote: »
    Its version v850. 2817

That is a very old version. I don't see a device linked to your TomTom account; I am not sure if you have an active subscription for map update service.

A yearly subscription purchased on our webshop should be active on the account to download new maps.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Laino
    New Seeker
    Its supposed to be free to update a carminat
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    There is only the software update which is free, the cartography is the paid live sound service.
  • Laino
    New Seeker
    Thanks for your time now i know
  • DimiH
    DimiH Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Seeker
    What happened to the TomTom/Renault/Carminat - " LIFETIME FREE MAP UPGRADES "...?

My 2014 Renault Megane GT Line looks like a Hovercraft come Boat traversing marshlands, swamps & farmlands without the updates.

ARE THESE SO CALLED "LIFETIME UPGRADES" ALSO IN THE CAR CONTRACT UNDER SUB-HEADING -FINE PRINT - WHEN HANDOVER (PAY) $47,000 AUD.?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    DimiH wrote: »
    What happened to the TomTom/Renault/Carminat - " LIFETIME FREE MAP UPGRADES "...?

My 2014 Renault Megane GT Line looks like a Hovercraft come Boat traversing marshlands, swamps & farmlands without the updates.

ARE THESE SO CALLED "LIFETIME UPGRADES" ALSO IN THE CAR CONTRACT UNDER SUB-HEADING -FINE PRINT - WHEN HANDOVER (PAY) $47,000 AUD.?

On a Carminat GPS there has never been a free map for life, you have to buy the map.
  • DimiH
    DimiH Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Seeker
    ‘Evening to you @Willy875 ....
    Bud I disagree with your comment vehemently...!
    I’d been able to update my Carminat plus share the Red Light / Speed Camera’s up until about 2020 or thereabouts....
    After many frustrating failed attempts to understand why it wouldn’t update further, I found this TomTom discussion Group.
    How sad it is that you don’t speak with a TomTom employee anymore... as once you could send an email & be replied too.
    This is a huge “Cop Out” by the Multinational Corporate TomTom to avoid its Customers and give some answers to those who give them a good living... RENAULT also should be clearer when selling their cars....
    I dislike GOOGLE, but their Google Maps App is so much better as your not FORCED to pay an annual subscription.
    The same with Apple & their Maps App....FREE AGAIN..!