Can anyone advise how I add POI's (from wildcamping foir motorhomes) to GO Camper

woldsweather
woldsweather Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Can anyone advise how I add POI's (from wildcamping foir motorhomes) to GO Camper. They are in OV2 file format.

Answers

• woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    Are these installed? How do I see them in the TOmTom?orwey4kfets4.jpg
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi @woldsweather

Go to My Places on the GO Camper and scroll down to the end of the My Places you have saved and the Installed 3rd party POI files are listed there.

Also if you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Show Po lists on map

you will also see the files listed there, along with the Camper specific files that come with the unit. You can now Tap Hide and you will be offered 5 generic icons to select from which will then be what you see on the map. As there are only 5 icons to choose from it is an idea to collate similar POI file types under the same icon. When you Tap the selected icon on the `map it will display a short description of the POI ie Sainsbury's , Morrisons, Tesco etc.

Doug
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    They aren't list on the device under my places> show POI lists on map
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,458
    Revered Voyager
    They aren't list on the device under my places> show POI lists on map

Hello;
    To check that your email address identifier + GPS password are the same as Mydrive.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @woldsweather

Are you logged into the same account on the Go Camper and if you go to My Drive on the Camper does it say Stop Syncing bottom right.

If the Go Camper is logged into the same account and says Stop Syncing then I would suggest the following.

Load the files into something like POI Edit on your PC and resave for a Tomtom there. After doing that delete the existing files from Your account in My Drive and Import the newly saved files.

Doug
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have <y Places and My Routes on the satnav but not mydrive
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @woldsweather

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings

There you should find a My Drive icon. When you set the unit up you would have been asked to log into your My Drive Account. If you did not do it then when you go to My Drive in Settings you will be asked to input the account details.

Doug
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    OK got it/ It says stop syncing bottom right
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    OK they are there in my places no. How do I get to see them on the map though?
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    When I select Wild Camp from Myplaces on the device it says no POIS found.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @woldsweather

As I described above you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Show Poi lists on map

you will also see the files listed there, along with the Camper specific files that come with the unit. You can now Tap Hide against any you want to display on the map and you will be offered 5 generic icons to select from which will then be what you see on the map. As there are only 5 icons to choose from it is an idea to collate similar POI file types under the same icon. When you Tap the selected icon on the `map it will display a short description of the for example Supermarket POI ie Sainsbury's , Morrisons, Tesco etc.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,458
    Revered Voyager
    Please note that you can import OV2 files with a maximum size of 2 MB from your computer by proceeding as follows:

If it can help

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958599-Transférer-des-éléments-de-TomTom-MyDrive-sur-votre-GPS
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    Presumably I deselect hide by selecting the diamond , hexagon or pentagon (I cant tell colours)? Bur what do eash different shape mean?
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi @woldsweather

Yes when you select one of the icons then that Icon will appear on the map where a POI is. The shapes or colours do not have any significance other than which one you would like to represent the POI.

Should you decide you don’t a particular POI set to appear on the map then you do the reverse so that the word Hide appears against the file

Doug
  • woldsweather
    Apprentice Seeker
    I chose the squares and they are now appearing on the map but clicking on them just says null.