Version 21.200.0003 GO Discover & GO Expert available

Jürgen
Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
Community Manager
edited July 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
We have just released software version 21.200.0003 for GO Discover and GO Expert:
  • Important software update that enables users to download full map updates which will now be available on a monthly basis. Users need to ensure their device’s software is up-to-date before downloading the full map updates.

Comments

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Jürgen

Is this a permanent change from the current weekly map updates or will we have a choice?

I have downloaded the above software upgrade, but as of yet there is no Map download ??

I have not seen any map updates on my Go Discover since early June to my recollection.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    edited July 2021
    This is a change to monthly full map updates compared to quarterly. Once we'll have rolled out the first map update soon, the weekly map updates will come in again.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    Thank you, and just spotted your post in another discussion saying the map update will be released shortly.
  • Waszko1980
    Waszko1980 Registered Users Posts: 42
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Jurgen-
    So half the battle is there.
    Now please let me know when the NDS maps will be updated to the newest. I have just received information that it is most likely on July 14th. Do you confirm?
    I am asking because we have a holiday trip period and it would be appropriate to go with the latest map. Thank you.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Our support should not have given you a specific date here to avoid disappointments. The process of compiling the maps is very complex so there is always a risk that we don't meet a date we strive for.

We understand that it's the travel season and we're trying to bring an updated map to you as soon as we can.
  • lyndon1230
    lyndon1230 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    And will these maps be up to date?
    My “NEW” tomtom go discover has much older maps than my “OLD” Tomtom
    Seems paying £250 to upgrade has been a waste of money
  • Waszko1980
    Waszko1980 Registered Users Posts: 42
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Our support should not have given you a specific date here to avoid disappointments. The process of compiling the maps is very complex so there is always a risk that we don't meet a date we strive for.

However, I do not think so. While respecting customers (especially long-term customers), you should suggest preliminary dates for new services, models, etc.
    Waiting endlessly puts you in a much worse position.

• Jo85
    Jo85 Registered Users Posts: 120
    Renowned Wayfarer
    edited July 2021
    When does this come with the GO devices? Etc.
  • jfroggyj
    jfroggyj Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    was that the only update.?
    i would like to be able to zoom in-out like the older version did without having to re-center every time i zoom in.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Map updates are now offered.

You may need to reboot the device to get the maps offered (hold down the on-off button until I hear the drums).
  • lyndon1230
    lyndon1230 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    edited July 2021
    Just updated the maps. No better than the last ones.
    I’m a driving instructor so teach the same routes all day. My previous tomtom had a few errors but nothing like this one. It’s saying to turn right at no right turns, there’s slip roads missing, exits off roundabouts missing to name just a few. All of which were correct on my
    previous 5 year old tomtom.
    The go discover is a joke. Waste of money!!!