Renault TomTom Carminat sd card not recognized by TomTom Home software — TomTom Community

Renault TomTom Carminat sd card not recognized by TomTom Home software

GeertGGeertG Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I have a Renault Carminat TomTom built in device. I want to install a new map, but TomTom Home does not recognize my sd card.

I installed TomTom Home 2.21 and that works: when I connect the sd card to my iMac, TomTom Home starts up and I can sign in with my account, but that is as far as I get: in the right down corner of the screen it says 'no navigation system connected'. Also clicking 'Update my navigation system' gives a blank page, same for 'buy maps'.

I tried removing the loopdir folder, reinitializing the card by the navigation system in the car, but that doesn't help. Tried reformatting the sd card and start with an empty card with reinitializing the card by the navigation system in the car, without result.

I installed a new map a few years ago, and I remember this wasn't without problems either, but it worked after al. But now I'm really stuck. Any help? Thanks!

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 896 [Revered Pioneer]
    write to customer care email or live chat
  • JohntguitarJohntguitar Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I have exactly the same issue. Computer sees card, reinitialise in Carminat. Computer sees card. Home opens but then it can't see the card. 10 days on TomTom support who are next to useless, just keep sending me different try this files. Pulling my hair out now. Card was working before I tried to update it.
  • RuthraRuthra Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    SOLUTION
    Replace manually de loopdir directory from the USB memory card with the loopdir directory from the BACKUP on your Macintosh (I hope you have a backup!).

You must do that every time the memory card has been in the Carminat console in your (I suppose the Carminat console replaces the file in the loopdir in a way the Macointosh version of the TOMTOM Home app cannot read)