Sync distance phone and watch? — TomTom Community

Sync distance phone and watch?

Hi all,

I can't seem to find my watch (TomTom Runner 3 cardio). My watch is linked to the smartphone app, and states that the last sync is "just now".

Does that mean my watch is somewhere very close? The sync, does it happen through the bluetooth connection, and if yes, what is the range of that sync between my smartphone and my watch?

Could be interesting to know, trying to pinpoint where my watch could be...

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,726
    Superusers
    Syncing is through BT so it would need to be very close, within a few feet. There is no other way to get the watch to relay its position there is no track my watch sort of feature.
  • KdieryckKdieryck Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I'm talking about the "last synced: just now" in the TomTom Sports app on my smartphone (see image below)?

You sure this is synced throug BT, and not through wifi or GPS signal? And this also works if the watch is in standby mode?

I'm asking because, I've been to different rooms into my house, and it seems to sync just fine in every room, which is more than a couple of feet away? Either downstairs, or upstairs, the sync states "just now", sometimes like "20 minutes ago", but then syncs again? The more I look for it in my house, the more I think I lost it ouside during my last training, so that's why I'm asking..

m157p9l0ktlo.png
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,726
    Superusers
    Sorry, I misunderstood, That is saying that the app is syncing with the TT servers, not the app with the watch. syncing the watch would not happen automatically or with that frequency. Unfortunately, other than running across it by chance you have no way of locating the watch.