GO Essential 5" - "upgrading" from Start 25 - initial issue

Trunmij
Trunmij Registered Users Posts: 28
Outstanding Explorer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I am "upgrading" from a Start 25 to a GO Essential and finding getting my head around some, what I call, major differences.

I have used TomTom satnavs for about 15 years now latterly using a Start 25 for the last 8 years and I am struggling to see the benefits(?) of the Essential against a Start.

Firstly, I have built up lots of my own POIs over the years which I add to or updated using the "Add Community Content" from MYDriveConnect. Is there a way of adding lots of ones own POIs to the Essential with having to add them one-by-one using the "Add to my places" menu item.
Secondly, I liked the route bar (current speed, time & distance to destination etc.) displayed along the bottom of the screen and not at the side which was available on the Start. Compared with the Start the Essential's route bar seems poor and I don't think it can be moved.

There may be other differnces but these for a start. Have I made a mistake by upgrading? Your views will be interesting.

Many thanks and regards.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,114
    Superuser
    @Trunmij

To add POI (but not the brand icon :( ) see this video [video]
  • Trunmij
    Outstanding Explorer
    I could not login to my TomTom account when in mydrive.Tomtom.com and I press login it put a small white screen in the middle of the window, probabty the login, and then it went straight back to asking me to login or create an account. What could I be doing wrong?
    Thanks
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,114
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    @Trunmij

Try clearing your browser's cookies as per my guide https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1018457/how-to-delete-tomtom-cookies

or use a different browser
  • Trunmij
    Outstanding Explorer
    Yes, thanks, that fixed it. Now sorted.
    Kind regards