MyDrive Connect new items available — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect new items available

Elton666Elton666 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
The Taskbar icon for MyDrive reports there are new items available. But with the Go Discover plugged into the PC using the supplied lead, there are no updates to apply.
So I'm rather confused.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Hi @Elton666

Map updates should be able to be done by units direct connection to Wifi.

Doug
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,505 [Revered Pioneer]
    With Go Discover, updates are launched from the GPS menu and you do not need the Mydrive connect software to make updates on Go discover.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,950
    Superuser
    @Elton666

Perhaps the updates relate to a previous device that you had registered on MyDrive
  • Elton666Elton666 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Elton666

Map updates should be able to be done by units direct connection to Wifi.

Doug
    Thank you. Realise that but was confused with the MyDrive Connect icon.

Niall wrote: »
    @Elton666

Perhaps the updates relate to a previous device that you had registered on MyDrive
    Thank you. No previous device had been registered on MyDrive, just this Go Discover, hence my confusion.

Also thanks to @Willy875 for the reply.
    Superuser
    edited July 8
    Hi @Elton666

Since posting on this topic I have checked and New map and Map updates on the Discovery units can only be done via Wifi connection. If you connect your unit to a PC with My Drive Connect running on it then although Map Updates may be listed they will not download. I don’t know if this is a permanent situation or one that will change.

Doug

Edited to show that I think you will find its New Maps and Map Updates have to be done via Wifi
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 267 [Exalted Navigator]
    @DougLap

I have noticed that oddity too - there was a required software update today and it required my Go Discover to be connected to power, I had to connect it to a powered USB socket that was not connected to my PC. =)
    Superuser
    edited July 8
    Hi @Lost_Soul

Thats why. Not sure if you just connect it to the USB socket on the PC without My Drive Connect running whether it would have worked then as it was only connected for power.

Doug
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 267 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi @DougLap

I had MDC running in the background for another device so it was easier to select a different power socket. Will try this next time there is an update........... =)
  • Elton666Elton666 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My device is not showing any updates available when only connected via wifi.
    But the MyDrive Connect icon still shows items available.

I also did the software update yesterday where it asks for power. It updated but made no difference to the 'icon' suggesting there are updated items waiting.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,656
    Superuser
    @Elton666 Are you using MyDrive Connect for more than one device? Could the available update refer to another device?