How do I update tom tom traffic on a go pro 6200

Stevesnail_123
Stevesnail_123 Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Have bought the product but unable to find how to update, does not update automatically, still states purchase a subscription to reactivate traffic information updates.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stevesnail_123

If the unit is fairly new it may be that @VikramK or @lampard can review your units settings on the TT servers to ensure you get Traffic etc if the initial free period has not been completed. Look back her elater to see what they say.

If you have set the unit up correctly and it connects to your Wifi then when you turn it on it should advice you if there are any Updates. If there are any if you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New Items

you should then be given a list of the Updates. You should do each update one at a time and if one of the updates is an Operating Software update then this should be done first.

Regarding the Traffic and Speed cameras updates the GO6200 is sold with the first year free and then you need to subscribe for updates from then on. You should note that if you don't renew the sub then the service will be terminated including Speed cameras.

If you do not have Wifi then you need to download the Tomtom My Drive Connect software to a PC and when the software is running connect the device to it. When you do this you will see a webpage that says Do it the easy way at which point you should use the menu options on the GO 6200 Pro to mange the updating etc. The connecting of the device to your PC which has My Drive Connect running on it is only to provide a link via the PC to the internet.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Stevesnail_123

If the unit is fairly new it may be that @VikramK or @lampard can review your units settings on the TT servers to ensure you get Traffic etc if the initial free period has not been completed. Look back her elater to see what they say.

If you have set the unit up correctly and it connects to your Wifi then when you turn it on it should advice you if there are any Updates. If there are any if you

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New Items

you should then be given a list of the Updates. You should do each update one at a time and if one of the updates is an Operating Software update then this should be done first.

Regarding the Traffic and Speed cameras updates the GO6200 is sold with the first year free and then you need to subscribe for updates from then on. You should note that if you don't renew the sub then the service will be terminated including Speed cameras.

If you do not have Wifi then you need to download the Tomtom My Drive Connect software to a PC and when the software is running connect the device to it. When you do this you will see a webpage that says Do it the easy way at which point you should use the menu options on the GO 6200 Pro to mange the updating etc. The connecting of the device to your PC which has My Drive Connect running on it is only to provide a link via the PC to the internet.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @Stevesnail_123

Welcome to the community!
    The device is not linked to the account on the forum. I am unable to check the status of the subscriptions.
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram