Unable to download World Maps from account to my TomTom Go Discover — TomTom Community

Unable to download World Maps from account to my TomTom Go Discover

coansha1coansha1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited July 7 in GO Discover & GO Expert
I have a go expert and downloaded My Drive connect - when I plug in my TomTom, the Drive connect refers to updating device the easy way using the devices settings. I have done that and successfully updated the European maps but World Maps was included when I purchased the item. When I open up my TomTom account it shows World Maps but I cannot install it as no option is available to me in the device, all I can do is update the European Maps. Can someone advise the error of my ways.. Thanks

Answers

• coansha1coansha1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I have just looked in the system details on the device and it says Installed Maps - WORLD.
    But when I go back in to Downloaded Maps it still says EUROPE only - AM I missing something??!
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 267 [Exalted Navigator]
    I assume the update process is the same as on my Go Discover. ;)

To get additional maps I go to :

Menu
    Settings
    Map & Display
    Downloaded Maps

On the next menu it should have a Delete / Add Button in the bottom Right of the screen

Hit Add

And it should give you the option to add the "various areas". then individual countries etc .............choose what you want and "Download".
  • coansha1coansha1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi Lost Soul.
    Thanks for the reply - I saw the add button but it is greyed out and I cannot therefore add any additional maps. I did use the delete to remove some of the European countries I am unlikely to use and free up space but no option to Add.
    That is puzzling, it may be that the moderators will need to check your device status @VikramK =) and make an adjustment if needed.

The moderator may advise you to do a soft reset / a factory reset / contact the Customer Service Team .

Hopefully the forum moderator will pick this up in the morning.
    Just a thought where it says Add Map Areas, my Download Button is initially Greyed out and you have to select the Country (Say Australia) and then select the individual parts of the country such as New South Wales before it turns Blue to download.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,146 Moderator
    edited July 8
    Hi @coansha1
    Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed the status for services on your GO Discover and all looks good.
    Further to what @Lost_Soul said, I think adding a new map will require the device to the connected to a Wi-Fi internet.
    Disconnect the cable from the computer, now try to add a map using WiFi.

Regards, Vikram