Is it possible to remove the MyPlaces symbols from my map without deleting the locations TomTom GO — TomTom Community

Is it possible to remove the MyPlaces symbols from my map without deleting the locations TomTom GO

ChrisSomervilleChrisSomerville Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited July 7 in MyDrive Connect
Is it possible to remove the MyPlaces symbols from my map without deleting the locations from MyPlaces since they block the view of the route. Thanks, Chris.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 939 [Revered Pioneer]
    not possible
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,677
    Superusers
    edited July 6
    Hi
    @ChrisSomerville
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe useful... Instead of having the MyPlaces screen clutter and searching down a long list of MyPlaces....
    See the post linked below and create a Personal POI Category or Categories from the MyPlaces file that can be easily be searched to find your previous MyPlaces locations....
    Then, if required, you can delete most or all of your MyPlaces and reduce the MyPlace screen clutter as required....

Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136163/many-users-have-asked-for-the-facility-to-back-up-their-myplaces-to-a-pc

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ChrisSomervilleChrisSomerville Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for your kind reply, even though the answer is, as I suspected, "No". I have got used to finding that Tom Tom appears to make changes to make my life more difficult. My previous model of TomTom did allow me to choose what icons to display. But then I found it altogether more user friendly than GO 40., but it is, alas, no longer supported. For example it showed numerals and letters on the address entry keyboard whereas to enter a postcode now I need two changes of keyboard. Another minor niggle, previously I had a choice of several robotic British English voices, now I only have one.
    Still doubtless this is all considered progress by some.
    But I do appreciate your taking the time to suggest a work around.
    Regards, Chris.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,267
    Superuser
    edited July 6
    Hi @ChrisSomerville

Regarding inserting numbers and letters in Search try the following.

Press the letter displaying the number you want for about a second and the W and 2 appear side by side then when you Tap the 2 it reverts back to the same keyboard as before. Its quicker than Taspping 123

Do you have some voices in mind as possibly they could be added to your account so you can download them to you unit.

Doug
    This was not my question at all. I was asking about removing MyPlaces icons from the map - while still keeping MyPlaces intact.
    I realise now that you were not answering my question but giving answers to my criticism about what I have lost by upgrading. The suggestion about voices was merely a comment that previously if I wanted a voice (robot) which would read road names and numbers I was given a choice between several male and female voices. Now I am given no choice apart from nationality. But I don't know which voice is clearest for me unless I hear them. That was surely the whole purpose of being given a choice?
    Thanks for the keyboard tips - but are they documented?