QuickGPSFix not automatically being updated — TomTom Community

QuickGPSFix not automatically being updated

NovanNovan Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi TomTom. It seems the server is down or doesn't have an updated QuickGPSFix file available.
Can any of the moderators check? I've tried a factory reset. Updating through PC and Android app. Both no luck.

I've dealt with this issue before. I'm an avid 6 years user of TomTom sports watches and know all the glitches. If the problem is at the server side for the QuickGPSFix update, it would be a real help if users would know about it and just wait it out, till TomTom fixes the issue on their side. I don't mind waiting for that. Just trying to fix it on my side is pointless in this case and just a waist of time.

So please check and let us know!
Thank you kindly!

Best Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,723
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    You should be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    This will cause the watch to reset the GPS chip, which a factory reset will not do.

Answers

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    You should be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    This will cause the watch to reset the GPS chip, which a factory reset will not do.
  • NovanNovan Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thank you tfarabaugh! This indeed did the trick!
    After reconnecting it refreshed superfast. I don't think it even needed to download any quickgps data.

Happy times! =)