My start will not connect to satellites for several days. Have tried factory reset. — TomTom Community

My start will not connect to satellites for several days. Have tried factory reset.

I also use Europe camping map. Advise please or which device can replace it. Thanks Alan.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Hi @Alan999

Try the following.

Charge the unit for at least 2 hours or do the following with it connected to a power source..
    Turn the unit On and when ready to use Press and Hold the ON/Off for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the button go.
    When the unit has restarted again now go outside well away from buildings and trees and have a clear view of the sky all around.
    Now create a route on the unit and when it is ready to start the journey put the unit down and leave it for 30 minutes or until it connects to the Satellites.
    Once it connects it should do so in future much quicker especially when away from buildings.

Regarding a replacement then TT market the GO Camper which has some Camper specific Maps and POI files included as well as TT 's World Car maps should you need them. Also the unit does not need to be connected to a PC for updating etc except in exceptional circumstances but just need a reasonable connection to Wifi.

Doug