Android map update? — TomTom Community

Android map update?

RedSpecial62RedSpecial62 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
When is the the next big map update due for Android? I see there are small 0.1MB or so weekly updates, but they are just covering closures and other issues I guess. How often do the maps get a major update for TT Go Android? I've been a subscribing user for almost a year now and don't think there has been a major upddate.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,381
    Community Manager
    Our current base map gets quarterly full map updates. We're in progress of replacing that base map to allow for a higher frequency in full map updates.

You've probably just overlooked the full map updates in the past.
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 45 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    The new map update process is extremely slow.
    You’d think a ten times smaller map would take a tenth as long to download. But instead, it takes ten times more time.
    Currently, if I get an update notification, first I'm deleting the old maps then downloading again. This is still faster, then "partial " map updates.
  • sholmsholm Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I just downloaded the latest maps, and everything went well exept for northeast Spain.
    The system tries to download, and it looks normal, but it end with saying (in danish) Kortopdatering ikke fundet. Prøv igen.
    Community Manager
    UK English error message: Map update not found. Please try again.
    Can you quit the app, restart it and try again?
    Hello Jürgen!
    I allready did.
    I tried yesterday, and today as well.
    A lot of maps got installed, just not northeast of Spain.
    I just restarted my phone Sony XZ3 there is an update but it won't get it.
    Community Manager
    I updated that map fine yesterday. I just deleted and re-downloaded it without issues. That's Android Beta but it's pulling from the same server.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,066 [Exalted Pioneer]
    When is the the next big map update due for Android? I see there are small 0.1MB...

...it becomes more and more mysterious! I also wondered on Tuesday.
    For all countries the same 0.1 MB were offered. Even so, the download was very long.

By chance I discovered an error on the map yesterday while driving that was not there before. I checked further corrections, it was definitely a major update ...

Community Manager
    It looks like this displaying of 0.1MB for map updates is a bug on the NDS map side. The actual file has the correct size.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    It looks like this displaying of 0.1MB for map updates is a bug on the NDS map side. The actual file has the correct size.

Thanks.
    I looked at the problem to day as well, and there is still a map update regarding Spain Northeast.
    I looks as I'm downloading, but when installing it says as before, that there "Mapupdate not found" but it still looks as if there is a map update.
    And so I can continue.
    Community Manager
    Could this be a cashing issue on your phone? With NDS maps, what you're offered depends on your updating history. Maybe there is nothing to update on your map but the update prompt is still cashed?
    @Jürgen @VikramK

the question to the map team again, is that known?
    Roads are suddenly released in the maps (APP), but they are still under construction!?

example:
    1sbwmks9ykyo.png

34fcjdwa032g.png

Hallo Jürgen!
    What should I do?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    @Jürgen @VikramK

the question to the map team again, is that known?
    Roads are suddenly released in the maps (APP), but they are still under construction!?

example:
    1sbwmks9ykyo.png

34fcjdwa032g.png

Hmm, I don't fully get this issue. Could you please explain this issue more?
    As far as I understand, we mark some of the roads as closed, even though map doesn't have road geometry yet?
    Is this issue related to TT GO Navigation app? I'm asking, since map looks more like MyDrive in your screenshots.
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    sholm wrote: »
    I looked at the problem to day as well, and there is still a map update regarding Spain Northeast.
    I looks as I'm downloading, but when installing it says as before, that there "Mapupdate not found" but it still looks as if there is a map update.
    And so I can continue.

We have this reported under NAV-51961 and GONAV-3686.
    Try to remove the Spain Northeast and download it once again from scratch.
    @szachowa
    I make Screenshots tomorrow.
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problem with downloading the maps. I tried to download the Italian map north west and central, but received the same error as @sholm
    ljwcgvnpc78f.jpg

Going on a vacation to Italy in 2 weeks. A bit of a disappointment if I will not be able to use TomTom on the trip..

Did a reinstall of the app without success
    I removed Spain Northeast, and tried to download again, but the system said:
    Mapupdate not found, and now I have nothing from Spain.
    Installed Nortwest Span, and that went well.
    Then tried again to get Northeast, but that's not possible is says:
    "Mapupdate not found, Try again".
    Restartet my phone, and at the beginning it looked ok, but ended with the same remark:
    "Mapupdate not found, Try again".
    Hope I will get the card back before going there.
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited July 10
    @sholm I tried to download it with mobile data and it's working now!
    Hello Brainsie!
    What do you mean with mobile data?
    I used wifi, is that the different?
    I tried through mobile data, no luck.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,359
    Superusers
    There is an error in the map database.

The Germany South-East could not be installed on 09..07 either. Today on 10.07 I have been able to do it.
    Crossing my fingers for other users too.
    @szachowa

oje, oje, I fear bad things with the NDS card, even MD navigates through blocked roads!

MD
    kbpbxua9h5ze.png

phone

ynxkx0eys5wt.png

@Lochfrass
    can you confirm that in the "north" or do I only have problems in the Stuttgart area?