Can I purchase a larger SD card for Mazda NB1 Navigation? — TomTom Community

Can I purchase a larger SD card for Mazda NB1 Navigation?

MikeHortyMikeHorty Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
I purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5 with Navigation new and still own the car. The TomTom Navigation came with a 4GB SD card, which is now too small to save the current map files that I purchased. I attempted to format a larger SD card, but it will not initialize according to the steps provided by TomTom help. Is there a special SD card that I need to purchase?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MikeHorty
    Welcome to the community!
    The official answer to this would be to use the original SD card supplied by the car dealer (SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) Mazda Navigation System NB1 (LIVE): up to 4GB), see this support article for more information.

However, there were a few discussions a while ago where some of our users managed to use a 8GB card with the built-in system.

Regards, Vikram.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @MikeHorty
    Welcome to the community!
    The official answer to this would be to use the original SD card supplied by the car dealer (SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) Mazda Navigation System NB1 (LIVE): up to 4GB), see this support article for more information.

However, there were a few discussions a while ago where some of our users managed to use a 8GB card with the built-in system.

Regards, Vikram.