Can't upgrade my Tomtom VIA — TomTom Community

Can't upgrade my Tomtom VIA

Serial BQ1459xxxxx28

I have tried everything I know to upgrade my Tomtom. MyDrive just refuses to connect to the decvice. Using a browser, the model was recognized but when I clicked for how-to instructions, I came up with a page that just said words to the effect that this page is no longer available. MyDrive's user manual says to connect the device when promted but I never get a prompt.

The device was bought with lifetime upgrades. Does Tomtom regard it as officially dead?

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,958
    Superuser
    @itma
    From the first two characters of the serial number:-
    "BQ">VIA 1510 / 1515, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    I take it you followed this FAQ https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360013960039
  • itmaitma Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Yes, that was one way I tried. When I opened MyDrive, the initial panel always said “not connected”. One help file I accessed said that I should insert the USB plug into the computer after starting up MyDrive. I tried this and several other sequences but the “not connected” outcome was the same. When I went to the listing of the upgrades, the selection boxes were greyed out and not accessible.

The serial number, BQetc, was in my profile and It checked out OK against the serial number on the device which, as far as I can tell, doesn’t have a slot for a microSD card.
    Addition info:

I tried this firstly on a newish PC for which I needed to download a new copy of MyDrive, and then on a Mac which I had previously used successfully.

On my PC, I also deleted MyDrive using Revo Uninstall and then reinstalled the app. This was a recommendation I found on this forum.
  • PL1PL1 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    itma wrote: »
    Yes, that was one way I tried. When I opened MyDrive, the initial panel always said “not connected”.

One thing to check is that you are logged in. In my case, after 3 years, they closed my account. I had to create a new account and then I was able to update.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give it a try in the morning (it’s just gone 10:30pm in my time zone).

But if this is the the answer, how come my my account name and password are still active and MyDrive can still access info re what Tomtom model I have, even before I plug it into my PC.

On the other hand, it is probably around 3 years since I upgraded the software. Curiouser and curiouser!
  • PL1PL1 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 7
    Well, I was assuming I was immediately logged in when it saw my device and the serial number. It took me a long time to figure out that it wasn't logged in, and that in fact I couldn't log in. Since you say the app/site is recognizing your UID/PW, sounds like that isn't the problem.