How does one share a place? — TomTom Community

How does one share a place?

Hi, I find a shopping centre on the map and want to send it to a contact so she/he knows where to meet me, how does one share that?

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,394 Moderator
    edited July 6
    Hi @Jostian

Welcome to the Community! I think you can only share the arrival time. When you plan a route, you have to tap the ETA panel to share it. @sergiusz can confirm this.

Best, lampard
  • JostianJostian Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply, a real pity that no sharing of places exists, such a useful function, most Navigation apps have that ability, strange that TomTom doesn't as its been around much longer than many others. Would be great to just add share functionality to the 3 dot menu that pops up when you tap on a location, see screegrab.
    frn9noh60vlm.jpg
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 339
    Staff
    Jostian wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, a real pity that no sharing of places exists, such a useful function, most Navigation apps have that ability, strange that TomTom doesn't as its been around much longer than many others. Would be great to just add share functionality to the 3 dot menu that pops up when you tap on a location, see screegrab.
    frn9noh60vlm.jpg

At the moment there is no share location function.
    This is nice idea, I will add it to our backlog of possible future improvements.
    Staff
    As mentioned by @lampard , this can be done little bit around with share destination function, as depicted below in screenshots:
    8u0vxgkjqmtn.png
    mcnfwf8ryeyj.png
    gectv0bbl5nb.png
    caxrralajkx4.png
    ae1da7ietyyt.png
    a9w50aldna8u.png
    hi, thanks, but thats a VERY tedious way and almost negates the sharing, if I have to everytime first go into navigation and then get to the place etc.. I'm sitting at home and see a review for a nice cafe, I look for it on the map and then just want to share it with a friend or friends, simple and easy. the method above is not fit for purpose and impractical, to the point that I'd rather use another way of sharing it. At this stage even going into my browser and then opening google maps on my browser, then finding the place and sharing it from there is complicated0 but still easier than using TomTom.
    Staff
    edited July 6
    I reported for us GONAV-3677 (internal ticket), since this is nice idea that I really like.
    At the moment I cannot provide info when are we going to implement it.
    thanks, its a really useful function, see screengrab below showing the share button, which is all that TomTom need to add to their menu.
    mz2enby3k472.jpg