Renault Carminat volume — TomTom Community

Renault Carminat volume

bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello. I have a 2012 Megane with built-in dash-mounted Carminat TomTom. I understand that to set the TomTom volume I should adjust it during an announcement. I do that but the next announcement is, again, very quiet. It makes no difference if I use the steering wheel control or the Bose (audio system) control.

Strangely, this morning I had the radio volume turned off (I often have it turned right down) and the Carminat volume seemed to work fine. It's as though the Carminat volume is somehow linked to the radio volume.

Any ideas? (and apologies: I first posted this as a comment in the wrong place)

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 896 [Revered Pioneer]
    reset factory
  • bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    That's a blow. It'll be a right pain getting everything back again. But thanks anyway.
  • bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I did reset it. Turned out I needed to do that to get LIVE services working. LIVE now works, but the volume issue remains.

It's odd. If the radio volume is at a normal sort of listening level then it seems to work correctly. But if the radio is turned very low or to zero then the Carminat will keep reverting to 'very faint'.

My 'solution' is to start with the radio at a regular listening level, then Pause/Mute it. Then set the Carminat volume to a suitable level for navigation instructions. That will, I think, have to do.