Why all maps offered are not suitable for my tomtom Rider 400 and where I can by a map? — TomTom Community

Why all maps offered are not suitable for my tomtom Rider 400 and where I can by a map?

OLKUOLKU Posts: 12 [Novice Seeker]
edited July 6 in RIDER
Why all maps offered are not suitable for my Rider 400 and where I can by a map?

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,951
    Superuser
    @OLKU

You should be able to buy the Eastern Europe map in Euros from here https://www.tomtom.com/en_ie/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/eastern-europe/
    I checked that your Rider 400 is compatible using the first two character of the serial number which should be "KA" or "KD"
  • OLKUOLKU Posts: 12 [Novice Seeker]
    Thank you, but the answer is not compatible and the same goes , when you type KD.

Map of Eastern Europe
    Is my device compatible?
    Use our simple device checker to find out if this service works with your device. Enter the first 2 characters of your serial number here :
    KA

Sorry your device is not compatible with the selected item.

Map of Eastern Europe
    Is my device compatible?
    Use our simple device checker to find out if this service works with your device. Enter the first 2 characters of your serial number here :
    KD

Sorry your device is not compatible with the selected item.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,146 Moderator
    Hi @OLKU
    Just like Niall, I am not able to reproduce it on my side as well. I am using the UK webshop-

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/eastern-europe/

bgw1iixplq2q.png

2xgy2z5hgpuu.png

Could you try using a different browser or try clearing the cookies?

- Vikram
    Thank you, but TomTom redirect me , becouse registered account in Estonia. I´m afraid wehn purchashing fron GB site, the money will go, but the map will not be delivered:)
    On top of that the price is different and on GB site has different conditions for the same map compare to the main page, strange:)
    edited July 6
    Hi @OLKU
    Map is not a shippable item. So when an order is completed, the service or map gets allocated to the account.
    Once allocated, you should be able to download it using MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    So I can by a map from GB website even my account is registered to Estonia?
    On the GB website is clear warning that delivery of the purchases is only for the GB accounts/adress
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited July 6
    Hi
    @OLKU
    Welcome to the site...
    As far as I recall....
    The Rider 400 has 16 GB of onboard Memory... The Motorcycle Full Europe Map is 7.35 GB....
    The European Rider 400 was sold with Free Lifetime Motorcycle Full Europe Map....

Have you set up a Tomtom Account for the Rider 400 ???
    On the Rider 400 are you logged-in To the MyDrive menu ....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> My Drive (Login)

Have you installed MyDrive Connect...
    Get MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Install and run MyDrive Connect --> Login
    Connect the Rider 400 over USB, you should be offered the Motorcycle Full Europe Map....
    I've just searched my Rider 400 for 'Tallinn' Estonia all OK....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you very much. To be clear, I have a rider 40 starting with charasteristics KE. I have lifetime Western Europe map and I already updated it - everything is ok. I have an account and installed to my PC MyDrive and connection with Rider 40 is working. So, I would like to purchase the Eastern Europe map and no the problems begin - my Rider 40 is not compatible with maps offered on the main TomTom webpage, but when I check the compatibility on the GB website, it's compatible. So, I'm confused and do not brave enough to make my purchase becouse of the noncompatibility. Please advise, how to solve this, thank you in advance.
    Superusers
    edited July 6
    Hi
    @OLKU
    Ahh... That make a difference.....

co4tehpjrno1.jpg
    The early NAV4 devices like your Rider 40 have 8 GB of memory, some of which is used for the device's Operating System....
    Back then, the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory...
    But the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Motorcycle Full Europe Map size is now approaching 8 GB

If required @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators can allocate a small local Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Tomtom FAQ... No maps available (MyDrive Connect)
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900620-No-maps-available-MyDrive-Connect-

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you very much. Just to clarify my understanding on case - should I install 32 GB Micro SD card Class 10 and it makes possible to install and use Eastern Europe map purchased or the other way around is that moderator allocate the Baltics (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) to my my account?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,951
    Superuser
    @OLKU

Better to buy from the Irish site as that is charged in Euro (have check that it say that the map in compatible with "KE")
    As regards to a SD cards see my guide
    The ideal card is a Sandisk 16Gb class 10
    Insert card and perform a soft reset by holding the on/off button firmly in until a drum-roll is heard and then releasing it.
    When the device restarts, that is when it will recognize the card and ask if it can format it, to which you answer yes.
    If it fails to format the first time, introduce the card to your computer and perform a full FAT32 format on it and restart from 1.

After the card has been formatted by your device it will not be readable in your computer, as TT use their own proprietary file format.

Location of possible card slot
    snymir75rw2k.png

or see this video:-

[video]
    Superusers
    edited July 6
    Hi
    The Rider 4xx & 5xx Micro SDHC card slot is a little different....
    The Micro SDHC Card Slot is under the central rubber bung....

zzg02gdm4x5g.png

If Vikram allocates a small local Map (Catch22 Fix)....
    You can install the Free Full Europe Lifetime Motorcycle Map to a Micro SDHC card....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you once more. Does it mean that map is not running rom SD card. Instead of that I should use a required ZONE out of the map from SD Card via some mysterious Catch22Fix?
    It seem's to me better to by a GARMIN GPS becouse TomTom s very, very complicated, actually I don´t now how to proceed - by a SD Card and Eastern Europe map from Irish website or how to manage towards Vikram to ask to allocate small local map!?
    Superusers
    edited July 7
    Hi
    @OLKU
    OLKU wrote: »
    Thank you once more. Does it mean that map is not running ROM SD card. Instead of that, I should use a required ZONE out of the map from SD Card via some mysterious Catch22Fix?
    It seems to me better to by a GARMIN GPS because TomTom s very, very complicated, actually I don't know how to proceed - by a SD Card and Eastern Europe map from Irish website or how to manage towards Vikram to ask to allocate small local map!?
    I've private messaged @Vikram (Moderator) for clarification on 8 GB Rider 40 and the Small Map zone versus Full Map + Micro SDHC Memory Card and the Catch22 situation....

Stay Safe ATB YFM
    Hi @OLKU
    I have activated an upgraded version of Western Europe map for your RIDER. It allows you to install smaller map regions or country specific maps.

Having a smaller map on the internal memory will act as a back-up to avoid a 'No maps found' situation; in case something goes wrong when installing maps on a SD card.

Regards,
    Vikram
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Vikram... Thank you :)
    @OLKU... Hope you can now get sorted with the Maps :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you. I have western europe lifetime map on my device and its up to date. In addition I need eastern europe map and the question is simpel - how I can get it to my rider 40? Should I by SD card before or should I purchase it and install ? My device internal memory is almost full with Western Europe map, so technicaly I can´t install any of additional map!
    Superusers
    edited July 7
    Hi
    @OLKU
    Tomtom FAQ... Installing a map onto a empty memory card....
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900420-Installing-a-map-on-empty-memory-card

Stay Safe... ATB YFM