Updates not working

Thwyllo
Thwyllo Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Trying to update my wifes Go Basic. Logged in as her on MyDrive on laptop, three updates visible, satnav connected to laptop and logged in, only two updates visible (community update not shown), but either way, when I click on UPDATE on the satnav I get that tedious, stupid, incredibly annoying and utterly useless "Oops something went wrong...." message.

Am I missing something? The process always worked fine doing updates via the laptop but now the app insists on telling you to do it via USB, which isn't working for whatever reason. I worked in tech for thirty years and if I can't work out whats wrong how on earth is the average user going to cope?

Any help most welcome but trust me, I won't be buying another TomTom.

Comments

• Thwyllo
    New Seeker
    edited July 2021
    By the way, I've also tried connecting independently to my wifi network (which the device does successfully) and logging in but again, click on UPDATE and I get that same stupid "Oops..." message.
  • Thwyllo
    New Seeker
    I also note that if I go to ABOUT in the menu, the device shows Traffic and Danger Zone Updates (its a French thing, don't worry) as ACTIVATED but when i click on either of the blue hyperlinks I get the equally useless "TomTom services are temporarily unavailable, try later" message. Does this mean there is an issue at the TomTom end?