read aloud camera alert voice on my tomtom GO 500 — TomTom Community

read aloud camera alert voice on my tomtom GO 500

I want to install a read aloud camera alert voice on my GO5000 and it appears there are none to download
on theTomtom website ?

Answers

• Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,510 [Revered Pioneer]
    There is no voice available announcing the speed cameras
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Did you now use a computer Voice that can read Street names? Or did you use a recorded voice?
  • Colin76Colin76 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    I am sure i previously had one telling me speed camera in x amount of yards and mobile
    camera hot spots ?
    Radars are announced by a beep-beep
    On the old devices it was possible to add radar files with a personalize announcement.
    Okay thanks , i get the beep sounds okay but was trying to find a voice alert but if it
    doesn't exist i will leave it thanks .
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Radars are announced by a beep-beep
    Thats happens when a recorded voice is set.

By Using a computer Voice the device peeps and the it says Redlight camera or Mobile camera etc.
    Note: Menu/settings/Sounds and warnings/Warning type --> must set to "Read aloud."
    But only possible with a computer Voice
    Can you tell me how to install a computer voice on the Tomtom GO 5000 ? As i can only find the voices without knowing if they are computer or recorded voices ?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    edited July 4
    Hi @Colin76

If you go to Settings/ Voices and select Choose a voice when you Tap the currently selected voice you should get a list of available voices. Against each voice it says either Computer Voice to Recorded Voice and you need the former type. such as Serena. Make sure All voices is shown bottom left if it says Fewer Voices then Tap that to change it.

Doug
    I looked earlier today and only found all the voices of which few were English and didn't see anything saying computer or recorded? I currently have Jane but my GO 5000 says not compatible for read aloud instructions
    Superuser
    edited July 4
    Hi @Colin76

Okay @VikramK or @lampard should pick this up tomorrow and add a computerised voice to your account so you can download it to your device. Look back here tomorrow to see what they say.

Jane is a recorded voice so read aloud will not work.

Doug
    Okay thanks , will look tomorrow for an explanation of how,i can get a computer voice downloaded on my GO 5000 as it's beyond me at the moment being unable to find it on the Tomtom Mydrive site .
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited July 5
    Hi
    @DJSheridan
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning, the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    When I go to voices i don't see Serena or Malcolm? A lot of foreign voices and and an American one Tim , so don't know how to find Serena ?
    Superusers
    edited July 5
    Hi
    @Colin76
    Did you scroll up the list of voices as well as down ??? Sometimes there are voices listed above the displayed voice....
    As Doug say's above....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and allocate the UK voice/s to your Tomtom Account....
    (Note... Only Tomtom Staff can allocate TTS Computer voices to your Account)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Yes i have just looked again first voice on the list is Andrzej , no Serena or Malcolm anywhere , looking like i have to be satisfied with the bleep warnings unfortunately
    Superuser
    Hi @Colin76

As we said let’s see if @VikramK or @lampard pick this up today and add the voice or voices to your account so you can download them to your GO500.

Doug
    Fingers crossed as i would really appreciate it , i know i have the bleep warnings , but i find the read aloud alerts much better at making you aware especially when driving on unfamiliar roads
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,146 Moderator
    Hi @Colin76
    A computer voice has been added to your account. Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    Just seen your message thanks very much it is well appreciated
    Thank you
    Will check it out much appreciated and thank you for your help it's well received
    Thank you
    Have installed Serena on my device and have to say thank you for your help it's really appreciated and i am very satisfied
    Thank you
    Superusers
    edited July 5
    Hi
    @Colin76
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1765701/#Comment_1765701

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks for your input , i have obviously missed a lot from this community chat and now realise what I've missed