Speed Camera annual subscription

Wizzer
Wizzer Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Does anyone now how long it takes once the payment goes through for the speed camera service becomes updated on my device. I have a GO500. It is now 5 days since payment taken and no update available! My subscriptions does show active! Thanks in anticipation.

Best Answer

• Wizzer
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi fondevila. I have had an email from TomTom customer service and it turned out that no device had been registered on the order when it was placed. A very kind gentleman has manually amended the order. The speed cameras now work. Suggest use the email facility on contact us.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited July 2021
    Hi
    @Wizzer
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • fondevila
    fondevila Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    edited July 2021
    The same thing happens to me, I purchased the radar product on 06/21/2021 and I still cannot activate it, since they have not sent me the activation code. My device is a Start 52. It smells like SCAM to me

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)
  • Wizzer
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi fondevila. I have had an email from TomTom customer service and it turned out that no device had been registered on the order when it was placed. A very kind gentleman has manually amended the order. The speed cameras now work. Suggest use the email facility on contact us.
  • FaJo
    FaJo Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    I have 2 x Via52 that I use in two cars. Both say the the Camera Update Subs have expired and offer to renew at £29.99 for the year. My question is would this cost cover both units as they are both registered on the same account on "myDrive.tomtom.com" or do I have to renew each unit separately and pay twice ...i.e. double the cost ?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Revered Voyager
    The purchase of a subscription is only valid for one device.
  • lioness
    lioness Registered Users Posts: 17
    Master Explorer
    edited September 2021
    Hi, I took the one month free speed camera option and it was successfully installed. I have now bought the annual subscription and cancelled the monthly one. Do I need to download anything or is it only the type of subscription that changes?

By the way, the Chat Bot does not work no matter what I do.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited September 2021
    Hi
    @lioness
    lioness wrote: »
    (Snip)
    By the way, the Chat Bot does not work no matter what I do.
    Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • lioness
    lioness Registered Users Posts: 17
    Master Explorer
    I finally managed to get on the Chat line using Edge, so no good on Chrome or Firefox. They tell me I have to download the speed cameras again, now that I have paid the yearly subscription. Why wouldn't it just go on working/
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Revered Voyager
    Speed camera updates are twice a week Tuesday is Thursday so as long as you redownload the speed cameras there will be no problem