Speed Camera update fails

LloydWilton
LloydWilton Registered Users Posts: 1
Apprentice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have tried several times and rebooted device, but still same result. Speed camera attempts to download/install but ends up as a red bat will error "Update Failed" Please try again. If update fails again please contact support

I have tried both WiFi and via USB Cable

Note, this is new out of the box.

Comments

• LenHub
    LenHub Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am having the same issue here in the US , July 1, 2021, 1700
  • tonton2021
    tonton2021 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Outstanding Explorer
    i am having also the same problem speed camera update say one time 1.54Mb another time 4.45Mb and fail and make device unusable with boot screen circle.

I contacted support 2 times i reported that problem and they marked both tickets with SOLVED..... nice ......and second time i mentioned not to mark als SOLVED because my device is in boot loop after update and i want to report that bug in update.

Device is GO Premium
  • pkj_un43
    pkj_un43 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Same here. Not covering themselves with glory are they?
  • Jay_Smith1
    Jay_Smith1 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem as tonton2021 this morning in uk july2
    Premium x now stuck with circle going round and will not even turn off
  • KND
    KND Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 2021
    Same problem for the last two days. I have even tried deleting and reinstalling the various countries one at a time and this failed. Also uninstalled My Drive Connect and reinstalled - all still not working...Can someone at Tom Tom sort out this issue. Using TomTom 6100 with lifetime map and camera updates.
  • John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 746
    Revered Pioneer
    Same problem on both a GO5100 & a GO520!
  • JeroenD
    JeroenD Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem here in the Netherlands as of last night. Resetting does not help. Interestingly, after the reset it showed a speed camera and map update. The map update was done correctly but it failed, again on the speed camera update.

You used to be able to pick up the phone and call TT support. Now you have to deal with a chatbot and send a mail.
  • Colin_Stamp
    Colin_Stamp Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    Same problem here.
    Looks as though Tomtom have shipped a flaky update, oops!
    Would formatting the memory card erase the damaged update allowing a fresh download? (I am assuming the server download copy has been corrected by now? :-o )
    Happy to try and debug this, if an expert would care to suggest useful ideas .... :-)
  • Since_Zilog_Z80
    Since_Zilog_Z80 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    The same problem plagued me also in Finland. ( I have GO 5200)).Even the previous speed camara update a month ago left most of the old speed cameras out in Helsinki/ Helsingfors region.
    I hope they are fixing it soon. I took me more than 90 minutes to test and figure out.
    Hopefully it is fixed by tomorrow.
  • irbrctt
    irbrctt Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    Same problem here. Update starts and then freezes. I have made a hard restart several times to unfreeze and gradually update restarts. I am currently at ‘Updating 47%’, but seems to have frozen there after starting at 41%.

Restart won’t let me go back to ignore the update. Resolution of this is needed urgently.
  • irbrctt
    Legendary Explorer
    edited July 2021
    Quick update. I left my Go Premium to run update for about 15 minutes. After it got to ‘Updating 55%’ the red flagged message ‘Update Failed’ popped up.
    Clearly Tomtom at fault here. Update switched off and resolution awaited.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,771
    Superuser
    Problems also observed in Germany too.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Hello all,
    The problem seems to be with the speed cameras package updates released on Thursday (July 1st 2021).
    Our team has raised a CCARE ticket to investigate the issue.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    @VikramK

The "speed camera" issue may pre date yesterdays update as I noticed last week I had some 80gb of data in my HOME3 (download) folder which I deleted without investigating in detail, but over the last day and a half my PC has amassed a further 67gb of data in the HOME3 folder.

All I have been doing is to try and update my speed cameras. (I did uninstall all the Non UK speed cameras which was hard going as I had to delete each country one by one as there does not appear to an option to select all!)

As the speed camera updates are only typically 8mb it is puzzling why such extra ordinary large amounts of data are being transmitted by the Tomtom Servers.

I have attached a screenshot of my HOME3 Folder from my PC which is running Windows 10 showing an example of the files being downloaded .

12wtn0vbgti8.png
  • tonton2021
    tonton2021 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Outstanding Explorer
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    @VikramK

The "speed camera" issue may pre date yesterdays update as I noticed last week I had some 80gb of data in my HOME3 (download) folder which I deleted without investigating in detail, but over the last day and a half my PC has amassed a further 67gb of data in the HOME3 folder.

I observed the same i thought is a problem with My Drive because when you have GO Premium you have always 51+speecams+mapshare updates and all the world maps are downloaded everyday, 65GB everyday downloaded or when you delete HOME3 folder, this is also a bug

Perhaps is the same with GO Premium X
  • grosvenor326
    grosvenor326 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited July 2021
    I am having the same problem with speed camera updates. Some times it is 4Mb and the next time 5Mb, but all end up with failing and saying contact support. After the fiasco earlier this week here is another one. My Tomtom says I have speed camera updates as part of my package but mydriveconnect says I am not subscribed and tries to sell me a subscription. :'(
  • JeroenD
    JeroenD Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    I switched on my TT this morning. No problems now. But I suspect the TT team has taken the earlier released speed camera update off line. Fingers crossed.
  • grosvenor326
    grosvenor326 Registered Users Posts: 22
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Yes mine also appears to be working OK a very small speed camera update shown and updated with no problems.
  • irbrctt
    Legendary Explorer
    I have followed the discussion but after multiple update failure on 2nd July left until today to retry.
    This is still very buggy. Several times the update froze at various stages of updating and had to use hard restart before finally getting ‘Up to date’ message.
    Had I been away from home, where I have a good WiFi internet connection, this could have been very awkward.
    It would be helpful if someone from TomTom gave an explanation of what the problem was - and may still be.
  • Jay_Smith1
    Jay_Smith1 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    OK now, update seems to be working properly.
  • Colin_Stamp
    Colin_Stamp Registered Users Posts: 25
    Master Explorer
    Agreed. The new Speed Camera update is a different size and the update now succeeds.