Why does TomTom avoid direct public contact? — TomTom Community

Why does TomTom avoid direct public contact?

catmanwagnercatmanwagner Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited July 4 in Travel lounge
My 550 came with a may of SouthEast Asia. I am in North America. No USB cable came with it, nor can I find a normal USB port to plug in to. Can't reach TomTom. All their numbers are fakes.

Best Answer

• pkj_un43pkj_un43 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    They avoid public contact because the products are so problematic that they could never keep up with the support tickets.
    I've been waiting two weeks for speed camera updates, mydrive connect is about as much use as one of the bricks out of my drive, and support is non-existent.

Answers

• pkj_un43pkj_un43 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    They avoid public contact because the products are so problematic that they could never keep up with the support tickets.
    I've been waiting two weeks for speed camera updates, mydrive connect is about as much use as one of the bricks out of my drive, and support is non-existent.
  • catmanwagnercatmanwagner Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    This was my second TomTom in 20 years. I threw the first one out the after it was telling me to go in to a parking lot of a car dealership in Washington DC. $400 wasted back then. I threw away my '550 which I purchased online back 1 March 2021, yesterday. $350 lost, this time. I'm done. I have also been posting to all the FB long distance and touring motorcycle groups about what junk TomTom's are. And wow, they agree!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0