Rider 400 will not charge on any mount — TomTom Community

Rider 400 will not charge on any mount

veryfedupveryfedup Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, my Rider 400 switched off towards the end of a ride recently, with a flat battery. It will now not charge either on the bike mount or on the in-car accessory mount, but will charge with a USB cable plugged into the port. Both mounts have 5v at clean, well-sprung pins, and the TT has clean connectors. So, unless both mounts have developed the same subtle problem at exactly the same time, this is a fault with the Rider 400 itself.
Any ideas as to whether this is something with any hope of being resolved. It is not new, so out of warranty, but it is not That old either so disappointing

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Hi @veryfedup
    Welcome to the community! The problem could be with the charging connectors on the RIDER. However, it is best to check this with our customer service team to confirm if this is a hardware issue and a repair will be required.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • veryfedupveryfedup Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, thank you for the quick response.
    Unfortunately, I registered for these boards because the Tomtom website seems to be a complete dumpster fire at present. I could not get into the support pages with two different browsers on each of two different computers! Just went round in circles, repeatedly back to the login page. Not exactly confidence-inspiring.
    And looking at the costs mentioned here for repairs, I think the TomTom is going to given to my ex as a speed camera warning device, and I'm looking at Garmins, I'm afraid.
  • veryfedupveryfedup Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've just tried again. Although I can login on with either browser to the main page, if I then go to Customer support, it says I have to login - with the red Sign In button top right. Clicking this gets me either a blank page with a huge screed of characters in the address bar, or a "This page isn't working at the moment" message with an equally huge screed of figures, depending on browser.

I also see that the main TomTom page is telling me I need a subscription for speed camera alerts, despite MyDrive telling me I have Lifetime Speed Camera Alerts.

Sorry, but TomTom really don't seem to be on top of things at all.