Bought map website but app does not recognize it — TomTom Community

Bought map website but app does not recognize it

JoseSpainJoseSpain Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
Hello.
I have a Caminart TomTom Live on my car, so I grabbed the SD and tried to update it on my PC.
The TomTom HOME app claims there are updates for my maps but that I must buy it. Then, I bought the Spain + Portugal map on the website for my device but the TomTom HOME claims there are no updates for my GPS, that I should buy the map.

I am confused

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @JoseSpain
    Welcome to the community! The TomTom Carminat LIVE model is still supported and are we are still selling maps & services for it.

The order you placed is not allocated to your account. That's the reason, when you connect the device, the map is not offered under downloads.

Please get in touch with our customer service (along with the order number) to sort out the subscriptions on the account. They should be able to help you with this.

Regards,
    Vikram

Answers

• JoseSpainJoseSpain Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I must point out that my last GPS update was approximately 4 years ago. However, since the TomTom HOME program on Windows indicate there are updates for my device I proceeded to buy it through the website. Now, I see that older devices are no longer supported and I feel myself scammed.
    Therefore, I ask you here how can I solve this issue or I will, probably, return this purchase.

Thank you all
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @JoseSpain
    Welcome to the community! The TomTom Carminat LIVE model is still supported and are we are still selling maps & services for it.

The order you placed is not allocated to your account. That's the reason, when you connect the device, the map is not offered under downloads.

Please get in touch with our customer service (along with the order number) to sort out the subscriptions on the account. They should be able to help you with this.

Regards,
    Vikram
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @JoseSpain

Regards,
    Vikram

Thanks for your quick response. I am surprised that the order is not allocated in my account since, if I log in the website, I can see my order there, check the image (I am sorry that is not english language)
    65inqomrnuns.png

I have tried to contact the customer service but I am not sure where should I go, many options of the customer service does not work for me. Is there any email address I can contact with?

Thank you in advance
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @JoseSpain

Regards,
    Vikram

I would like to mark this as the answer but I see no option: Saw it before but now has dissappeared. Sorry for being a trouble
  • ukdeniroukdeniro Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem. I have purchased maps and speed cameras for my carminat but there is no activation code(s) nor a download option. I cannot find the customer services email mentioned in your replies above and am going round in circles. Payment has been taken (and received) so would like to sort this out. Can you provide the customer services email?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    Hi
    @ukdeniro
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM